Status
Not open for further replies.

MOutlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi all,

Seeking recommendations for a PDF utility (preferably free), that will work with the Outlook email client and preserve hyperlinks contained in the body of the email.

I am using an older version of the Adobe product, but the produced PDF does not have working hyperlinks. (I have also tried CutePDF).

The procedure I follow is 1. Open the email so it is viewable on screen 2. Go file > print > select the PDF printer 3. Save with file name of my choice.

Thanks for any assistance.

It should be an option in the pdf software. Oh, but not when you print - you need to save as pdf.

The Acrobat addin should be able to save as pdf. I have not tested other pdf addins - but you definitely want to save as pdf, not print.

I am using Outlook 2016, and when I go 'save as' there is no PDF option. (I only have .txt, .mft, .osg, .html, .mht).

You need to have a pdf app installed that includes an outlook addin.

Which version of Acrobat do you have? Is there an Acrobat addin in Outlook's File > Options > addins?

Acrobat is quite old - CS6.

Went to addins for Outlook. Under Inactive Application Add-ins there is one called 'Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin'.

I have tried making it active - it appears to - but when I go back to have a look, it is still showing under Inactive Application Add-ins.

Seeking recommendations for a PDF utility (preferably free), that will work with the Outlook email client and preserve hyperlinks contained in the body of the email.

Printing an email with "Microsoft Print to PDF" seems to preserve hyperlinks for me here. I think it just comes with Windows-10.

Printing an email with "Microsoft Print to PDF" seems to preserve hyperlinks for me here. I think it just comes with Windows-10.
I just tried "Microsoft Print to PDF". For me, it will create hyperlinks for any email addresses found. But for existing hyperlinks in the original email (say a shortened link that takes you to a particular website), does not create a hyperlink.

I had a look at the settings for the "Microsoft Print to PDF" virtual printer and there are no options to do this (no options to do anything really, it appears to be just a basic PDF creator). Also, does not enable a 'save as' option (as Diane mentioned above).

Keep the suggestions coming......

I just tried "Microsoft Print to PDF". For me, it will create hyperlinks for any email addresses found. But for existing hyperlinks in the original email (say a shortened link that takes you to a particular website), does not create a hyperlink.

Worked for me, with an HTML-based newsletter from my Inbox, and yes ... with actual URL links to a website.

However, further testing revealed that when printing the Newegg sales-ad, it did not seem to re-create links embedded in images. So, it does seem to depended on the actual coding of the HTML emails.

Adobe Acrobat is good. I have also used Nuance Power-PDF and Foxit-PDF on various computers over the years. Good luck in your searches. Maybe let us know which one you found in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.