Displaying custom properties of a PDF DocumentItem

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wclarke101

I'm using the PropertyAccessor.SetProperty method to set some custom

properties on DocumentItem objects in a MAPIFolder. I'm then displaying

these custom properties as columns in the folder view.

Where the DocumentItem is any MS Office document (Word, Excel, etc), then

the values of the custom properties display correctly in the columns of the

view. However, if the DocumentItem is an Acrobat PDF document, then the

property values are not being displayed at all in the view. Does anyone know

how to resolve this?

I'm using VSTO 2008 with Outlook 2007.

Thanks,

Wayne.
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

What are the relevant snippet of your code?

What do you see on the MAPI level for teh good and bad document items (you

can look at theraw message properties using OutlookSpy - select the item in

Outlook, click IMessage button on the OutlookSpy toolbar).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"wclarke101" <wclarke101> wrote in message

news:81DB71C9-3D32-4E8B-B111-C34BE48AD871@microsoft.com...
> I'm using the PropertyAccessor.SetProperty method to set some custom
> properties on DocumentItem objects in a MAPIFolder. I'm then displaying
> these custom properties as columns in the folder view.

> Where the DocumentItem is any MS Office document (Word, Excel, etc), then
> the values of the custom properties display correctly in the columns of
> the
> view. However, if the DocumentItem is an Acrobat PDF document, then the
> property values are not being displayed at all in the view. Does anyone
> know
> how to resolve this?

> I'm using VSTO 2008 with Outlook 2007.

> Thanks,
> Wayne.
 
W

wclarke101

Here is the code I use to set the properties...

setProperty(objDocItem, "User", strUser)

setProperty(objDocItem, "Description", strDocumentName)

Here is the "setProperty" function being called above...

Sub setProperty(ByRef objDocumentItem As Outlook.DocumentItem, ByVal

strPropertyName As String, ByVal strPropertyValue As String)

Try

objDocumentItem.PropertyAccessor.SetProperty(SCHEMA_NAME &

strPropertyName, strPropertyValue)

Catch ex As Exception

LogError("setProperty(Outlook.DocumentItem, '" & strPropertyName

& "', '" & strPropertyValue & "') - Exception : " & ex.Message)

End Try

End Sub

And here is the View XML snippet for the two columns...

<column
<heading>User</heading
<prop>http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{FFF40745-D92F-4C11-9E14-92701F001EB3}/User</prop
<type>string</type
<width>61</width
<style>padding-left:3px;;text-align:left</style
<editable>1</editable
</column
<column
<type>string</type
<heading>Description</heading
<prop>http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{FFF40745-D92F-4C11-9E14-92701F001EB3}/Description</prop
<width>200</width
<style>padding-left:3px;;text-align:left</style
<editable>1</editable
</column
No error is logged by the "setProperty" function. I can see the properties

have been set correctly when I use the IMessage feature of OutlookSpy, but

the values are not displaying in the columns of the view if the document is a

PDF.

Thanks,

Wayne.

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:


> What are the relevant snippet of your code?
> What do you see on the MAPI level for teh good and bad document items (you
> can look at theraw message properties using OutlookSpy - select the item in
> Outlook, click IMessage button on the OutlookSpy toolbar).

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>

>

>

> -
> "wclarke101" <wclarke101> wrote in message
> news:81DB71C9-3D32-4E8B-B111-C34BE48AD871@microsoft.com...
> > I'm using the PropertyAccessor.SetProperty method to set some custom
> > properties on DocumentItem objects in a MAPIFolder. I'm then displaying
> > these custom properties as columns in the folder view.
> > Where the DocumentItem is any MS Office document (Word, Excel, etc), then
> > the values of the custom properties display correctly in the columns of
> > the
> > view. However, if the DocumentItem is an Acrobat PDF document, then the
> > property values are not being displayed at all in the view. Does anyone
> > know
> > how to resolve this?
> > I'm using VSTO 2008 with Outlook 2007.
> > Thanks,
> > Wayne.


>
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

When you select the property in the IMessage window in OutlookSpy, do you

see the right GUID matching that used in the view descriptor?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"wclarke101" <wclarke101> wrote in message

news:43826756-2568-4467-B64A-141E48177CC4@microsoft.com...
> Here is the code I use to set the properties...

> setProperty(objDocItem, "User", strUser)
> setProperty(objDocItem, "Description", strDocumentName)

> Here is the "setProperty" function being called above...

> Sub setProperty(ByRef objDocumentItem As Outlook.DocumentItem, ByVal
> strPropertyName As String, ByVal strPropertyValue As String)
> Try
> objDocumentItem.PropertyAccessor.SetProperty(SCHEMA_NAME &
> strPropertyName, strPropertyValue)
> Catch ex As Exception
> LogError("setProperty(Outlook.DocumentItem, '" &
> strPropertyName
> & "', '" & strPropertyValue & "') - Exception : " & ex.Message)
> End Try
> End Sub

> And here is the View XML snippet for the two columns...

> <column
> <heading>User</heading
> <prop>http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{FFF40745-D92F-4C11-9E14-92701F001EB3}/User</prop
> <type>string</type
> <width>61</width
> <style>padding-left:3px;;text-align:left</style
> <editable>1</editable
> </column
> <column
> <type>string</type
> <heading>Description</heading
> <prop>http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{FFF40745-D92F-4C11-9E14-92701F001EB3}/Description</prop
> <width>200</width
> <style>padding-left:3px;;text-align:left</style
> <editable>1</editable
> </column
> No error is logged by the "setProperty" function. I can see the
> properties
> have been set correctly when I use the IMessage feature of OutlookSpy, but
> the values are not displaying in the columns of the view if the document
> is a
> PDF.

> Thanks,
> Wayne.

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
> > What are the relevant snippet of your code?
> > What do you see on the MAPI level for teh good and bad document items
> > (you
> > can look at theraw message properties using OutlookSpy - select the item
> > in
> > Outlook, click IMessage button on the OutlookSpy toolbar).
>

>> > > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >

> >

> >

> > -
> > "wclarke101" <wclarke101> wrote in message
> > news:81DB71C9-3D32-4E8B-B111-C34BE48AD871@microsoft.com...
> > > I'm using the PropertyAccessor.SetProperty method to set some custom
> > > properties on DocumentItem objects in a MAPIFolder. I'm then
> > > displaying
> > > these custom properties as columns in the folder view.
> >> > Where the DocumentItem is any MS Office document (Word, Excel, etc),
> > > then
> > > the values of the custom properties display correctly in the columns of
> > > the
> > > view. However, if the DocumentItem is an Acrobat PDF document, then
> > > the
> > > property values are not being displayed at all in the view. Does
> > > anyone
> > > know
> > > how to resolve this?
> >> > I'm using VSTO 2008 with Outlook 2007.
> >> > Thanks,
> > > Wayne.

>

>
>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Custom Outlook Form 2013 Displaying fields incorrectly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Displaying value of task subject field as values from two custom fields Using Outlook 4
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
N Signature displaying incorrectly in email Using Outlook 1
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
J Subject Field is displaying Name and company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Contacts list not displaying Using Outlook 10
V Not displaying newest messages in Inbox Using Outlook 10
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Displaying a Picture on a Contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
N Outlook Forms Not Displaying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Outlook 2010 form is displaying old form layout Using Outlook 3
C Displaying Profile Pictures in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Displaying Shortcuts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Grid Lines Not Displaying - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
Sarge USMC Outlook 13 not displaying POP inbound emails Using Outlook 12
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Intermittent Issue with Drafts not Displaying Entire Content Using Outlook 4
M View in browser stopped displaying .GIFs in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T To: and Cc: not displaying when forwarding/replying to .eml files Using Outlook 4
E BCM Contacts & Accounts not displaying correctly BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Displaying the Remind Beforehand Value in Calendar List View Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Outlook 2007 not displaying embedded images in emails Using Outlook 1
S Holidays after 2012 & NOT displaying location Using Outlook 8
J Remove location field from displaying Calendar Printing Assistant 8
O Exchange 2003 displaying HTML emails as having attachments Exchange Server Administration 7
B Sent Items Not Displaying in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2007-Tasks not displaying in calendar Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar Using Outlook 8
K Outlook 32-bit Connector and Outlook not displaying the folders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
T VSTO Outlook add-in: Categories not displaying correctly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Displaying my Online/Offline Status BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Displaying a field from the field chooser programmatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Deleted items not displaying in outlook Using Outlook 2
S Olk2003 displaying an error message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Suppliers in Accounting 2009 not displaying in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Custom Search Folders not refreshing/updating automatically Using Outlook 0
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
G Other users can't see P.2 with custom fields in Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4

Similar threads

Top