Olk2003 displaying an error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sm9obnNhaWRh

Hi,

I have developed an outlook addin(using vb6.0) which gives an extra

functionality, when user clicks replyall button.

I have installed this addin for both olk2000 and olk2003.

In olk2000 the addin is working good.But in olk2003 i am getting the

following error when i closed and open the outlook.

"Outlook Experienced a serious error the last time the add-in

'replyalladdin' was opened.Would you like to disable this

addin?................................."

I have tried a lot to get the solution,but i could not.

It will be greate to help me to find a permament solution for this problem.

Many Thanks,

John
 
S

Sm9obnNhaWRh

"Johnsaida" wrote:


> Hi,
> I have developed an outlook addin(using vb6.0) which gives an extra
> functionality, when user clicks replyall button.
> I have installed this addin for both olk2000 and olk2003.
> In olk2000 the addin is working good.But in olk2003 i am getting the
> following error when i closed and open the outlook.
> "Outlook Experienced a serious error the last time the add-in
> 'replyalladdin' was opened.Would you like to disable this
> addin?................................."
> I have tried a lot to get the solution,but i could not.
> It will be greate to help me to find a permament solution for this problem.
> Many Thanks,
> John
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

There's no way to tell what's happening from the outside. In general that

warning means that your addin crashed Outlook or ran into an unhandled

exception. All exceptions in COM addins must be handled in some way.

You need to do a lot of error logging to see what errors are being fired

where and when and if they are being handled.

You can also see if anything you are doing is OK in Outlook 2000 and

restricted in Outlook 2003, although in general Outlook 2000 is actually

stricter than Outlook 2003 is.

"Johnsaida" <Johnsaida> wrote in message

news:627A571F-A59D-4AF7-935F-A3A26B0AF1D8@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have developed an outlook addin(using vb6.0) which gives an extra
> functionality, when user clicks replyall button.
> I have installed this addin for both olk2000 and olk2003.
> In olk2000 the addin is working good.But in olk2003 i am getting the
> following error when i closed and open the outlook.
> "Outlook Experienced a serious error the last time the add-in
> 'replyalladdin' was opened.Would you like to disable this
> addin?................................."
> I have tried a lot to get the solution,but i could not.
> It will be greate to help me to find a permament solution for this
> problem.
> Many Thanks,
> John
 
S

Sm9obnNhaWRh

Hi ,

Let me say thanks for immediate reply to my post.

I have handiled all exception and

I am not restrictng any thing in outlook2003.The code which has been

compiled in outlook2000 being installed in both olk2000 and olk2003.When i

checked in Eventlog i have noticed one of the following error

messages(olk2003 only)

"Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,

faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.97.97, stamp 4549bd5e, debug? 0,

fault address 0x000cc91d."

OR

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,

faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f2870, debug? 0,

fault address 0x000b9c1f.

OR

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,

faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault

address 0xff087881.

I have checked all the versions and i have tested the addin in different

machines.Please help me to identify the root cause and resolution for the

same.

Many Thanks,

John
wrote:


> There's no way to tell what's happening from the outside. In general that
> warning means that your addin crashed Outlook or ran into an unhandled
> exception. All exceptions in COM addins must be handled in some way.

> You need to do a lot of error logging to see what errors are being fired
> where and when and if they are being handled.

> You can also see if anything you are doing is OK in Outlook 2000 and
> restricted in Outlook 2003, although in general Outlook 2000 is actually
> stricter than Outlook 2003 is.

> >

>

> "Johnsaida" <Johnsaida> wrote in message
> news:627A571F-A59D-4AF7-935F-A3A26B0AF1D8@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I have developed an outlook addin(using vb6.0) which gives an extra
> > functionality, when user clicks replyall button.
> > I have installed this addin for both olk2000 and olk2003.
> > In olk2000 the addin is working good.But in olk2003 i am getting the
> > following error when i closed and open the outlook.
> > "Outlook Experienced a serious error the last time the add-in
> > 'replyalladdin' was opened.Would you like to disable this
> > addin?................................."
> > I have tried a lot to get the solution,but i could not.
> > It will be greate to help me to find a permament solution for this
> > problem.
> > Many Thanks,
> > John


>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Are any other addins at all running on the Outlook 2003 system? If so

disable them all other than your addin and see if the same thing occurs.

It's hard to tell from those event log entries without analyzing a crash

dump, which only MS can really do since they don't release the Outlook

symbols, but that VB6 runtime error makes me guess that something is

accessing the Outlook object model on a background thread. That's guaranteed

to crash or hang Outlook, and will cause that error. It also usually leads

to Outlook disabling the VB6 addin even if it's not the code that does that

access. That's due to how the stack is set on those background thread calls

and the fact that the VB6 runtime is the first to feel the effects of the

crash.

Do you actually see any Outlook crashes, where Watson comes up?

If this doesn't help you might need to open a support case with MS to get

the crash dumps analyzed.

"Johnsaida" <Johnsaida> wrote in message

news:F9F4ADCF-AE79-4B5E-B1E7-23A689A0F3BC@microsoft.com...
> Hi ,
> Let me say thanks for immediate reply to my post.
> I have handiled all exception and
> I am not restrictng any thing in outlook2003.The code which has been
> compiled in outlook2000 being installed in both olk2000 and olk2003.When
> i
> checked in Eventlog i have noticed one of the following error
> messages(olk2003 only)

> "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.97.97, stamp 4549bd5e, debug? 0,
> fault address 0x000cc91d."
> OR
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f2870, debug?
> 0,
> fault address 0x000b9c1f.
> OR
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
> address 0xff087881.

> I have checked all the versions and i have tested the addin in different
> machines.Please help me to identify the root cause and resolution for the
> same.

> Many Thanks,
> John
 
S

Sm9obnNhaWRh

Hi ,

I am very hapy to see your answer.But one thing i need to clarify is, the

eror message is not occuring in all the machines in which the addin was

installed.In some machines only it is occuring.

In one machine i have reinstalled the outlook2003 Service Pack 3 and clicked

the'Detect and Repair' button in the Help Menu of Outlook.After doing this

that error message was not appeared.I dont know what is happend in this

action.

But it is not feasible if the error occured in more number of client

machines(Say 100).Do you have any clue to get permanent solution.It would be

greate if you give response on this.

Many Thanks,

John
wrote:


> Are any other addins at all running on the Outlook 2003 system? If so
> disable them all other than your addin and see if the same thing occurs.

> It's hard to tell from those event log entries without analyzing a crash
> dump, which only MS can really do since they don't release the Outlook
> symbols, but that VB6 runtime error makes me guess that something is
> accessing the Outlook object model on a background thread. That's guaranteed
> to crash or hang Outlook, and will cause that error. It also usually leads
> to Outlook disabling the VB6 addin even if it's not the code that does that
> access. That's due to how the stack is set on those background thread calls
> and the fact that the VB6 runtime is the first to feel the effects of the
> crash.

> Do you actually see any Outlook crashes, where Watson comes up?

> If this doesn't help you might need to open a support case with MS to get
> the crash dumps analyzed.

> >

>

> "Johnsaida" <Johnsaida> wrote in message
> news:F9F4ADCF-AE79-4B5E-B1E7-23A689A0F3BC@microsoft.com...
> > Hi ,
> > Let me say thanks for immediate reply to my post.
> > I have handiled all exception and
> > I am not restrictng any thing in outlook2003.The code which has been
> > compiled in outlook2000 being installed in both olk2000 and olk2003.When
> > i
> > checked in Eventlog i have noticed one of the following error
> > messages(olk2003 only)
> > "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> > faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.97.97, stamp 4549bd5e, debug? 0,
> > fault address 0x000cc91d."
> > OR
> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> > faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f2870, debug?
> > 0,
> > fault address 0x000b9c1f.
> > OR
> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> > faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
> > address 0xff087881.
> > I have checked all the versions and i have tested the addin in different
> > machines.Please help me to identify the root cause and resolution for the
> > same.
> > Many Thanks,
> > John


>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Not being a mind reader I have no specific answers to provide. You need to

see what differences are there in computers where you don't have the problem

and where you do. If that doesn't help my guess is that you will need to

open a support incident with MS and let them analyze the crash dumps.

"Johnsaida" <Johnsaida> wrote in message

news:D6D2B1A4-B74C-40D7-877D-F071654C95BF@microsoft.com...
> Hi ,
> I am very hapy to see your answer.But one thing i need to clarify is, the
> eror message is not occuring in all the machines in which the addin was
> installed.In some machines only it is occuring.
> In one machine i have reinstalled the outlook2003 Service Pack 3 and
> clicked
> the'Detect and Repair' button in the Help Menu of Outlook.After doing this
> that error message was not appeared.I dont know what is happend in this
> action.

> But it is not feasible if the error occured in more number of client
> machines(Say 100).Do you have any clue to get permanent solution.It would
> be
> greate if you give response on this.
> Many Thanks,
> John
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
L Images not displaying in emails sent to self Using Outlook 2
J custom form not displaying pictures Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
N Signature displaying incorrectly in email Using Outlook 1
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
J Subject Field is displaying Name and company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Contacts list not displaying Using Outlook 10
V Not displaying newest messages in Inbox Using Outlook 10
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Displaying a Picture on a Contact Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Forms Not Displaying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Outlook 2010 form is displaying old form layout Using Outlook 3
C Displaying Profile Pictures in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
S Custom Outlook Form 2013 Displaying fields incorrectly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Displaying Shortcuts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Grid Lines Not Displaying - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
Sarge USMC Outlook 13 not displaying POP inbound emails Using Outlook 12
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Intermittent Issue with Drafts not Displaying Entire Content Using Outlook 4
M View in browser stopped displaying .GIFs in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T To: and Cc: not displaying when forwarding/replying to .eml files Using Outlook 4
E BCM Contacts & Accounts not displaying correctly BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Displaying the Remind Beforehand Value in Calendar List View Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Outlook 2007 not displaying embedded images in emails Using Outlook 1
S Holidays after 2012 & NOT displaying location Using Outlook 8
J Remove location field from displaying Using Outlook 8
O Exchange 2003 displaying HTML emails as having attachments Exchange Server Administration 7
B Sent Items Not Displaying in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2007-Tasks not displaying in calendar Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar Using Outlook 8
G Displaying value of task subject field as values from two custom fields Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 32-bit Connector and Outlook not displaying the folders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
T VSTO Outlook add-in: Categories not displaying correctly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Displaying my Online/Offline Status BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Displaying a field from the field chooser programmatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Displaying custom properties of a PDF DocumentItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Deleted items not displaying in outlook Using Outlook 2
J Suppliers in Accounting 2009 not displaying in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 2
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Outlook error 500 Using Outlook 2
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6

Similar threads

Top