Holidays after 2012 & NOT displaying location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveromo

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
My Outlook 2003 only shows holidays thru the end of this year. How can I import a new set of post 2012 holidays. While importing, I want to remove the location from the holidays. I am annoyed that "United States" is shown after every holiday on my month and week views. (Please include step-by-step instructions of the solution. A brief overview will not help me.) Thanks in advance for any help!

1. Get the HOL file from here - Outlook Tips | Outlook's Missing Holidays

2. Double click on it after you download it to bring up the Add to Calendar dialog.

Oh wait, you don't want the location - open the HOL file in notepad and remove the label from the US entry. Not sure if it will work if blank, but try it and if not, you'll need to add one character. Save it and double click...

Because you have old holidays, you can safely ignore the warning about duplicates.

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the holiday file successfully. I opened and edited it with notepad but can only save as a TXT document, so thereforeI cannot import into outlook. I am able to search outlook to get a list of all holidays, but can't "edit all" to remove the location. (Why must holidays add a location in the first place???) I've been able to use Excel to make changes to past lists before importing, then import via CSV or Excel. Can I convert the holiday file into an excel file where I can remove the location manually?) Thanks again for your help!

You need to do one of two things: when you save it put quotes around the file name "Outlook.HOL" That tells notepad not to add an extension. Or, after you save it, go into Windows Explorer and change the extension from txt to HOL.

Thanks Larry & Diane. I followed your advice, but unfortunately, when I remove the words "United States" from the holiday list, when prompted which location I am choosing, "United States" does not come up as an option. So therefore, I am not able to add the holidays to my calander. I even tried using a period or hyphen in it's place, but no luck. Thanks, anyway, for your suggestions.

Try this then: leave United States in it and after importing, group by location and drag the items in the US location to the a blank location group.

Try this then: leave United States in it and after importing, group by location and drag the items in the US location to the a blank location group.

Thanks again for your reply. I'm not sure how to do what you are suggesting. I can view by location or category in order to group all the holidays together. I don't know what you mean by "drag to a blank location group." At the heart of my problem is that you can't edit a group of events at one time. If you can expand on your suggestion I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks so much for your patience!

Actually... It worked!!! I tried one more time and I realized what you were telling me. Thanks so much!!!!

Dragging between groups is one of my favorite tricks - you can use it to change other fields too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
O Holidays in two languages Using Outlook 4
avant-guvnor Export Calendar, Birthdays and Holidays Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Birthdays & Holidays in ICloud, how to restore them to Outlook Using Outlook 2
A U.S. and Jewish holidays missing in calendar for 2013 Using Outlook 1
A Setting Emails to be send in calendar holidays to group of people Using Outlook 6
N Recur Appointments Every 4 weeks EXCEPT for School Holidays Using Outlook 3
C add a date without holidays Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
R Correct a wrong csv export file from WLM 2012 Using Outlook 0
K BCM on SQL Server 2012? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
T OL BCM 2007 - Possible to migrate SQL Server Express 2012 ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook 2012 Calendar Changing Secondary Calendar to Primary Calendar Using Outlook 1
C April is not April 25, 2012 Using Outlook 3
S Displaying Date Value In Formula Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
L Images not displaying in emails sent to self Using Outlook 2
J custom form not displaying pictures Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
N Signature displaying incorrectly in email Using Outlook 1
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
J Subject Field is displaying Name and company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Contacts list not displaying Using Outlook 10
V Not displaying newest messages in Inbox Using Outlook 10
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Displaying a Picture on a Contact Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Forms Not Displaying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Outlook 2010 form is displaying old form layout Using Outlook 3
C Displaying Profile Pictures in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
S Custom Outlook Form 2013 Displaying fields incorrectly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Displaying Shortcuts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Grid Lines Not Displaying - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
Sarge USMC Outlook 13 not displaying POP inbound emails Using Outlook 12
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Intermittent Issue with Drafts not Displaying Entire Content Using Outlook 4
M View in browser stopped displaying .GIFs in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T To: and Cc: not displaying when forwarding/replying to .eml files Using Outlook 4
E BCM Contacts & Accounts not displaying correctly BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Displaying the Remind Beforehand Value in Calendar List View Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Outlook 2007 not displaying embedded images in emails Using Outlook 1
J Remove location field from displaying Using Outlook 8
O Exchange 2003 displaying HTML emails as having attachments Exchange Server Administration 7
B Sent Items Not Displaying in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2007-Tasks not displaying in calendar Using Outlook 4