Displaying Profile Pictures in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpurick

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
My computer was recently (Monday night, today is Friday) upgraded from OL2007 to OL2010 by corporate. For all of my teammates who also received the same upgrade, Outlook started showing the pictures of senders and recipients in emails. On my computer, however, I just see the blank placeholders where the pictures should go.

I've been to file/options/contacts and verified that photos are enabled. I tried with caching on and off, and left Outlook on overnight for any address book updates, but I never see pictures.

Does anybody have any troubleshooting steps for this?

Did you go to Send / Receive > Download Address books? Do you have photos on any contacts? Add a picture to a contact who sends you mail regularly and see if the picture shows up on the mail.

Are you using the social connector?

Thank you.

I created a contact for my Yahoo! mailbox and put a picture on the contact. When I sent my work account mail from the Outlook account the mail was displayed with the picture.

I have noticed that I frequently have an error in Communicator, "Cannot synchronize with the corporate address book. This may be because the proxy server setting in your web browser does not allow access to the address book. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." This error is not always there.

Cached mode is currently turned on. Also, send/receive operations seem to hang during the address book sync. "Download offline address book" is checked, and the address book settings are "Full Details" and "\Global Address List".

I have not explicitly configured a social connector, but there is an Outlook Social Connector enabled in COM plugins. "Download Address Book..." did not present any error messages.

One item of note is that I login to the workstation as domain\xlastname while my exchange account is domain\lastname_x.
It was determined that xlastname and lastname_x were in different OUs, and this was affecting some GPO updates. They moved xlastname into the same OU but it still doesn't work. When I log into the desktop as lastname_x, the Outlook pictures begin to display immediately.

I have reasons for using xlastname, but I will have to give serious thought to switching. I'm hoping somebody could explain why/how this would affect anything, and maybe that will lead to a workaround that will permit me to have profile pictures when logged onto the PC as xlastname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Displaying Date Value In Formula Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
L Images not displaying in emails sent to self Using Outlook 2
J custom form not displaying pictures Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
N Signature displaying incorrectly in email Using Outlook 1
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
J Subject Field is displaying Name and company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Contacts list not displaying Using Outlook 10
V Not displaying newest messages in Inbox Using Outlook 10
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Displaying a Picture on a Contact Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Forms Not Displaying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Outlook 2010 form is displaying old form layout Using Outlook 3
S Custom Outlook Form 2013 Displaying fields incorrectly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Displaying Shortcuts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Grid Lines Not Displaying - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
Sarge USMC Outlook 13 not displaying POP inbound emails Using Outlook 12
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Intermittent Issue with Drafts not Displaying Entire Content Using Outlook 4
M View in browser stopped displaying .GIFs in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T To: and Cc: not displaying when forwarding/replying to .eml files Using Outlook 4
E BCM Contacts & Accounts not displaying correctly BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Displaying the Remind Beforehand Value in Calendar List View Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Outlook 2007 not displaying embedded images in emails Using Outlook 1
S Holidays after 2012 & NOT displaying location Using Outlook 8
J Remove location field from displaying Using Outlook 8
O Exchange 2003 displaying HTML emails as having attachments Exchange Server Administration 7
B Sent Items Not Displaying in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2007-Tasks not displaying in calendar Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar Using Outlook 8
G Displaying value of task subject field as values from two custom fields Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 32-bit Connector and Outlook not displaying the folders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
T VSTO Outlook add-in: Categories not displaying correctly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Displaying my Online/Offline Status BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Displaying a field from the field chooser programmatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Displaying custom properties of a PDF DocumentItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Deleted items not displaying in outlook Using Outlook 2
S Olk2003 displaying an error message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Suppliers in Accounting 2009 not displaying in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
J Dopey move - deleted profile Using Outlook 1
H I have no profile listed for Outlook! Using Outlook 9
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0