Clean Up Conversation Anomaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara937

Outlook version
Outlook 365 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When running "Clean Up Folder" on main inbox, I have seen some discrepancy with my inbox and another company I know who uses it.

The original email is sent to 10 people but the replies are coming back to me individually (not reply all). In my inbox it is keeping all the individual unique replies. In the other company, it is cleaning up (and therefore deleting) those individual unique replies. What could be the cause of that?

Any other scenarios we should be aware of where Outlook will clean up emails outside of exact duplications? Any anomalies that deletes emails that are unique in any way?

Your way is working correctly - it should keep all copies that are unique. If B replies all, then C replies it would remove the original and B's message. But if B replies just to you, and C replies just to you, it should only remove the original.

Any idea if the replies in the other company are all the same - like everyone replies 'OK'? It shouldn't remove them because sender is different though.

Thanks Diane. I'll check the replies to see if they differ.
Any other reason that would explain this happening? Like the version of Outlook is different? Or the clean up settings are incorrect? Anything I should look out for when I investigate further with them?
Thanks again.

There really isn't anything to the clean up settings - assuming you mean this one.
1678971169195.png

The manual archive method in File > tools > clean up archives based on last modified date.

These settings/preferences, I mean...I can't see anything there that would explain it though...

Screenshot 2023-03-20 101419.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W The number one raw material applied in producing the duvet, is clean and slight to your pores Using Outlook 0
Retired Geek Junk Folder Clean Up Rules Exchange Server Administration 1
J Remove text to Clean Up Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky How to clean up Outlook's Forms Cache Using Outlook 0
R Clean out the "Other Calendars" form Outlook 2007 sp2 Using Outlook 1
M How to clean duplicate/empty e-mail address fields in Outlook contacts Using Outlook 0
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Posts in Folder No Longer Group by Conversation Column After Search Using Outlook 0
G Alerting on missed emails in conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Disable conversation thread from replying of recipients in the same subject. Please help Using Outlook 0
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2013 Replace Subject with Conversation (a "hidden" value). Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Move emails of same conversation to same subfolder Using Outlook 6
I get count of all emails with same conversation ID Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Emails sorted by conversation including replies and categorized by color. Using Outlook 1
A Email Subject and Conversation Topic Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Y Move new messages to personal folder which already contains this conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
oliv- How to select an mailitem in explorer with "show as conversation" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook 2013 Conversation View vs. 2007 Using Outlook 1
Justo Horrillo It's possible to modify the behaviour of the conversation option? Using Outlook 2
F Outlook group by conversation problem Using Outlook 1
C Custom Forms: Question about retaining form information throughout the entire conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2013 conversation view ... missing links Using Outlook 3
R Vba Conversation Index property Using Outlook 0
A some email not shown in conversation Using Outlook 2
P problem with set up group by conversation in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
D Move email to same folder as the rest of the conversation Using Outlook 1
C 'Show as conversation' query Using Outlook 0
M Preventing conversation from moving to the top of the message box? Using Outlook 7
A Conversation cleanup Using Outlook 1
R Deleting one email in a conversation deletes all Using Outlook 6
K Move conversation to folder after replying Using Outlook 1
H Formatting of email conversation print outs - URGENT Using Outlook 1
E Conversation Folder in multiple accounts Using Outlook 3
F Automatically delete previous messages in a conversation Using Outlook 2
G fix client/server conversation error message Exchange Server Administration 1
R How to remove an email from a grouped conversation Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
N Finding messages by conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1