Rename resource Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

aod

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I work in my companies IT dept - I need to know if I change an Outlook resource name (as listed in GAL), will any meetings / appointments that are already booked with it be affected?

This is for Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2003

I don't think so, but I never tried it. If you are just changing the display name, the underlying address won't change, so all should be well - everything is linked by the Exchange x500 address.

I don't think so, but I never tried it. If you are just changing the display name, the underlying address won't change, so all should be well - everything is linked by the Exchange x500 address.

Many thanks for your reply.

I’ve edited the object in AD and changed the Display Name. Hopefully this will just update the name in the address book for our users. We’ll see in 24 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 365 Rename Outlook Priority Using Outlook 3
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
D Autosave Attachment and Rename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Rename Contacts Greyed Out Using Outlook 0
N Rename Subject Line with Email Content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Rename Email Accounts and Data Files in the Folder List Using Outlook 0
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Save outlook attachments and rename/append files with identifier from subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D VBA script to auto download attachments and rename file according to subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
B Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 8
L IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot rename sytem folders Using Outlook 14
T Rename Outlook 2010 .PST Files Using Outlook 14
B IMAP server wants to alert you to the following cannot rename system folders Using Outlook 3
M Outlook Today. How to rename IMAP inbox accounts to something else than inbox? Using Outlook 4
O Run Rule to Rename Email and Add to Tasks Using Outlook 4
M Rename Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J how do i rename the default fields in MS Business Contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
J Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Renaming an Resource in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
H Facility Mangaement using Exchange Resource Mailbox, Conflicts properties Using Outlook 5
J resource calendar mailbox email question Exchange Server Administration 1
B Scheduling a Meeting Resource (Room) with a conflict doesn't indicate any conflict on users calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V What happens when "Resource" recipients are put in To/cc boxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Get FreeBusy information for a Room/resource Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Exchange Server - Mail Delay Stamping Exchange Server Administration 0
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 3
CWM550 Exchange Plan 1 Using Outlook 3
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
A Online Mode to Cached Exchange Mode problem Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
C How to fix outlook continuing to prompt fo an Exchange password Using Outlook 0
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
O Exchange Sync period only (e.g. last years mail) Using Outlook 0
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6