Status
Not open for further replies.

greg42

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Outlook forum members

I recently upgraded from Vista 64 to Windows 7 Ultimate 64, and installed Office 2013 Pro.

iCloud was working with Outlook 2007 under Vista, but I'm unable to get it working under Windows 7 with Office 2013.

Whenever I start up iCloud, Office says

"We're sorry, but Microsoft Office has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Microsoft Office will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now? (I have no idea what it wants to repair).

Whether or not I let it continue, when I then open Outlook, there is no icloud folder.

I hoped that installing CodeTwo Sync for iCloud would solve the problem, but in Outlook, CodeTwo Sync has no icloud folder to synchronise.

I'd like to get iCloud syncing with Outlook again, for both my icloud mail and calendars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You need to get iCloud working before you can use codetwo's app. Go to File, Options, Addins - is iCloud listed?

Did you try signing out of iCloud and signing back in?

It sounds like the repair is for Outlook - you can do the repair from control panel, add remove programs.

BTW, you may also need to uninstall and reinstall (or repair) iCloud.

I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud (as administrator)

The iCloud Outlook Add-in is listed in Outlook

Office insists on repairing every time I launch iCloud.

If I let it repair, sign out of iCloud, sign in to iCloud again, as soon as the iCloud sign in completes, Outlook wants to repair itself again.

If I do not allow the repair, and then launch Outlook, there is no iCloud folder to synchronise.

If I allow the repair (using the control panel as you suggest) Office does its stuff, I launch Outlook, and nothing has changed. (icloud add in is registered, but no icloud folder exists to sync to)

I read somewhere that iCloud had a problem with outlook if there was a MAPI folder included in the folder list. So I removed my Business Contacts folder, closed outlook, relaunched iCloud. After a moderate wait, Office again requested to repair itself...

I've used it all account available in Outlook - it worked. It also works fine with Outlook 2013, although apple doesn't fully support it yet.

One thing - did you set the iCloud data file as default in Outlook? That will not work - 2.1.1 broke it.

I'm having exactly the same problems as Greg42. When I open iCloud it tells that it is not setup for Outlook. When I click the setup link, Office wants to repair. I repair and it all starts again.

I was having this problem a couple months ago and the Microsoft online folks did a whole bunch (hours) of work on my machine/setup. At that time I wasn't able to sync calendars. It was/is fixed in that regard, but now I can't imbed photos in my Outlook emails. So I went about checking iCloud and started the scenario above.

Help.

Paul

Close Outlook, Sign out of iCloud, delete the apple data file (it's in %localappdata% - type that in the address bar of windows explorer and press enter), sign in to iCloud and restart outlook.

Close Outlook, Sign out of iCloud, delete the apple data file (it's in %localappdata% - type that in the address bar of windows explorer and press enter), sign in to iCloud and restart outlook.

What is the name of the "apple data" file?

When you paste %localappdata% in the address bar of windows explorer it will take you right to it - the apple folder is probably the one at the top of the list- a long string of numbers ending in .apzod

I have tried all the solutions to get iCloud to work with Outlook 2013 and I still get the message every time I open iCloud that Microsoft Office has an error and needs to be repaired. My iPhone calendar and contacts will not sync with Outlook, however, my emails are syncing between the phone and Outlook. Any solutions? Thanks.

I had the exact same problem. Newest version of icloud, windows 7 and office 365.

Kept telling me to repair outlook. I tried everything and nothing worked until I went back to an older version of icloud. Which meant uninstalling icloud and removing the data file and installing an older version of icloud. This worked for me and everything is working fine. I think it has more to do with windows 7 and office 365 than anything. I have windows 8 and office 365 at home and the new icloud works fine.

Hope this works for others until these bugs are worked out.

I'm having exactly the same problems as Greg42. When I open iCloud it tells that it is not setup for Outlook. When I click the setup link, Office wants to repair. I repair and it all starts again.

I was having this problem a couple months ago and the Microsoft online folks did a whole bunch (hours) of work on my machine/setup. At that time I wasn't able to sync calendars. It was/is fixed in that regard, but now I can't imbed photos in my Outlook emails. So I went about checking iCloud and started the scenario above.

Help.

Paul

When you paste %localappdata% in the address bar of windows explorer it will take you right to it - the apple folder is probably the one at the top of the list- a long string of numbers ending in .apzod

Hi Diane,

I had the same problem and when I search %localappdata%, I see a folder in C:\windows\system32. When I open the folder, there is a subfolder called Crashdumps and when I finally open this last folder, it is empty. All this is pretty frustrating because iCloud was working previously on my computer.

Thanks, Luc:confused:

%localappdata% isn't really a folder - it's a system variable that represents a folder path. The iCloud data file is under C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple

Crash dumps holds the 'dump' files that windows creates when an application crashes. You can delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.