Outlook (Office) 2007 & Windows 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I went to Best Buy to look at the MS Surface Book to replace my aging Sony laptop. There was a Microsoft rep there who was helping me with various questions about the machine. I happened to mention that I use Office 2007 and she said it wasn't compatible with Windows 10 Pro.

This can't be the case can it? I never read anywhere that this could be a problem.

Thanks.

It will work on windows 10 but it is not "supported" - that just means it's out of the official support channels and if it doesn't work, you're on your own. Microsoft will not help you or issue patches or updates for it.

That said, I'm not aware of any issues that would prevent you from using (a lot of people still use it)- but it is getting old and 'long in the tooth', and it won't be getting security updates. An upgrade would be better, especially with hot new hardware. If you were just upgrading the os on your current laptop or had outlook 2010 I'd say keep it.

Thanks Diane. I guess I'll take my chances then.

I think you'll have pretty good odds that it will work fine, like, oh, 99.9999%. :)

Diane,

One other thing.....

How do I re-use an old copy of Office 2007 on the new computer? I plan on removing it from my old laptop. Will the serial number still work on the new machine?

Thanks

You have the install disk? That's all you need - as long as you haven't activated it too many times in the last 6 months, you should be fine and the "cd key" should work on the new computer. You don't need to remove it from the old one or do anything to un-register it before installing it on the new one.

If the new computer doesn't have a dvd drive, you can copy the install files to a usb stick. If you have an iso of 2007, copy that to the new computer and mount it in Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2007 with Office 365? Using Outlook 0
D Need Genuine Office or Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
E Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Send Error Using Outlook 11
K Outlook 2007 using in office and at home Using Outlook 1
Jon Bakrley Outlook 2013 and Exchange 2007, Out of the office error message Using Outlook 8
B Microsoft office outlook 2007 showing configuring outlook accounts for hours Using Outlook 6
N Do I need outlook connector for office 2010 as with outlook 2007? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
H 2007 Office Outlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H popup window "Location Information" Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
C After Office 2007 SP2 install - Outlook 2007 macro no longer worki Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Z Out of Office Assistant in Microsoft Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2007: How to read/write Out-of-Office settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L HUP Office 2007, MSSMLBIZ.msi error, outlook not installed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 and Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin Using Outlook 0
J Outlook search bar in Office 2021 Professional Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 1
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Ideas for Setup with New Office 365 Family Subscription (Outlook) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Albert McCann Outlook (and Office) 2019 Logging Using Outlook 2
glnz Can Word Normal.dotm interfere with Outlook? Office 2016 Using Outlook 5
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 15
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook Office 365 Win 10 how do I control background colors of events? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
O Office 365 Outlook - mark to download Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
Horsepower Office Outlook 365 home opens slower than a month ago Using Outlook 8
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Office 365 cached mode crashing Using Outlook 0
K Help.... Office Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3