Outlook contact group lists corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejp

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have Outlook 2010 on Win7 HP. I moved my .pst file to a central location for more convenient access in my multi-boot system. 2 versions of Win7 can access it and email works fine but my contact groups don't work now. I can open them and contents look fine. I can do a save, but when I try to send to them, I get an error msg: "An unexpected error occurred" with an OK box. no, not OK.

Is there a way to recover these contact groups?

Thanks.

Did you create the profile then move the pst? I think the address book service is messed up - you can either remove all accounts from the profile and add them back - selecting the pst file as you create the profile (its under Manual setup options) - or just create a new profile.

Did you create the profile then move the pst? I think the address book service is messed up - you can either remove all accounts from the profile and add them back - selecting the pst file as you create the profile (its under Manual setup options) - or just create a new profile.

Thanks, I'll re-add the profile as it's the original from a year ago. also, filters don't work either, even new filters. even when I click "run filter now". maybe same problem?

If "filters" = "rules", you may need to repoint the rules to the folders. They use the full path to the folder and moving the pst changes the path.

Yes, meant "rules". created a new one from scratch, so is definitely freshly pointed to the target folder. Will redo and see what happens.

Thanks.

If "filters" = "rules", you may need to repoint the rules to the folders. They use the full path to the folder and moving the pst changes the path.

I created a new acct and pointed it to the pst in the new location and rules now work (although can't guarantee it was not operator error originally). however, contact groups are still dead, however, I know how to cut/paste to make a copy of an old one in a few sec. so not a big deal. I seldom use the old ones anyway.

new issue: I get duplicate emails from some people but not all now since creating the new acct. Sent myself an email and got it twice about 3-4 min appart with same time stamp. ???

did you remove the old account from your profile? surprisingly, Microsoft says that is the number one cause of duplicated messages. I think they are full of it - i see more people with rules causing the dupes. :)

Removing the old acct. seems to have fixed the duplicate emails. case closed. thanks for the help!

Well, maybe Microsoft does know something after all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C in outlook 2007-Contact Group-One name have 3 mail id-its possible? Using Outlook 3
A Contact Group issues Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
S [outlook-users] Create contact group from other user's contacts Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
C Outlook Contact Manager - A viable successor? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A remove or turn off outlook.com contact folder from outlook 2016 Using Outlook 4
R Outlook add-in to create new contact from an email. Using Outlook 0
M VBA to change flag status in outlook contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook.com Contact Sync Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
David Michaels Contact card shows blank Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M OUTLOOK 2013 CONTACT PROPERTIES Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2016 contact issues Using Outlook 2
Werewolf Workaround for the missing Activities tab in Contact Folder Properties in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook.com Contact categories Using Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Export (Save) Outlook Contact photos Using Outlook 0
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2010 & Contact Activities Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Assign an Email Account to an Outlook Contact Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Using Outlook's New Contact Cards Using Outlook 0
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Christian Using Outlook's New Contact Cards Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Contact From a Field Using Outlook 3
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Office 365 Outlook changing default contact folder Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2010 Contact Synchronization - Outlook to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Code Not Working Using Outlook 20
D outlook 2013 contact list problem Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
P mailto replication in Outlook Contact Notes Using Outlook 4
F I want to migrate Outlook journal to excel including contact names Using Outlook 10
A Adding a 2010 sharepoint contact list to outlook 2010 address book Using Outlook 1
Tech Checkers Make Outlook add Contact Card Address in Location Field based on Appointment Subject Name. Using Outlook 2
U Cannot access fields at bottom of Outlook 2013 Contact Rec. Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M which Outlook recommended to buy for moving Outlook 2000 versions Contact Data Using Outlook 2
G Issues with accessing Outlook Contact Picture with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M resetting contact file icons in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1