Customized Contact Form Losing UDFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBHGuardian

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I have created and published a contact form that i have made custom fields in. I published it to my contacts folder. Was that a mistake? Here are the issues that i am having...When I open a new contact, all the fields including the custom ones are showing up. When i imported with Contact Genie and i open one of the imported contacts, The custom fields are not showing up. When I save a new contact and re-open it, The custom fields are not showing. I have a feeling it has something to do with where i'm saving and publishing it to.

Obviously, there is something i'm not understanding. Should I just give up being able to have all the contact information i need in outlook? or, is there some STEP BY STEP instructions somewhere that i can do this with? At this point, i'm ready to delete everything and start over.

Where you saved is fine. How many fields and what type - text, date, etc ? There are some issues if you have a lot of fields. Also, are the contacts using the new form?

I have around 13 udf's most are text, but i have 2 that are date and 1 that is percentage. I have tried to import the contacts with ContactGenie Dataport, and they import fine, but they don't show the custom fields. When I try to create a new contact, the custom form is there, and i can fill out the custom fields, but when i save and close it, and then open it back up the custom fields are gone as well as the information i entered in the custom fields. Not sure where i'm going wrong. Thank you for your reply!

Thought i would upload what the custom form looked like when i opened a new contact. I just noticed that i am missing a label at the bottom.

Attachments

• Payroll Contact Customized Contact Form.PNG
    Payroll Contact Customized Contact Form.PNG
    45.7 KB · Views: 459
13 shouldn't be a problem. Have you cleared the formscache?

Can you post an ost (or frm file) of the form so i can see if i can replicate the behavior?

Thank you for replying. I hadn't cleared the cache, but when i got there, nothing was listed in the cache. I am attaching a screen shot of what it looked like. Also, I hate to be dense, but i'm not sure how to post an .ost file. I saved it as a template as well, but not sure how to get you what you need. Could you please advise? Thank you!

Attachments

• blank manage forms.PNG
    blank manage forms.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 470
Zip the template file (I don't think it will let you upload the template extension, but i could be wrong) file then click the upload file button.

If you didn't publish to the personal forms (most people don't), that will be blank - so it looks normal from here.

I hope this is what you needed. If not, then please let me know. No i didn't publish to personal forms.

Attachments

• Payroll Client.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 438
it looks like it should be.. with try to take a look tonight or tomorrow morn.

i started to then got sidetracked, then took the weekend off. Will try to do it tomorrow morning.

Hi, Just wondering if you are going to have the time to help me with this?

Thanks!

What I have seen with macros is that the MessageClass reverts back to default when a message is edited. The UDFs are still there in that case, the message just displays by using the wrong form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Date options on Customized Contact form Using Outlook 2
E phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
T Customized form: The Forward option shows write layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Customized Ribbon lost every now and then Using Outlook 3
Witzker Customized ribbon and entries disappeared Using Outlook 0
G Flag for Follow Up with a customized duetime Using Outlook 1
E Apply customized Business Card for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
mikolajek Add on for customized flag operations? Using Outlook 4
B Mass customized emails sent weekly Using Outlook 0
M convert/import a customized record into the default "Account" record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Outlook 2013 - Customized auto-reply message Using Outlook 10
A POST customized as a form Using Outlook 2
G Customized field data problem BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
B Opening a saved Outlook customized form the same folder Using Outlook 2
B Opening a saved Outlook customized form after moving it to another folder Using Outlook 2
B How to create the customized Outlook SQL DASL for selected days? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Customized Send button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Display SharePoint document library in a customized Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Customized Sensitivity Levels Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Customized Command Button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5