User template in file system

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AZ

Hello all. I am trying to figure out how to delete a "user template in file

system". Since templates are somewhat related to forms, I thought this may

be the best place to get this question answered.

I can create a template in Outlook, I can use them, but I cannot figure out

how to delete the ones that I no longer need.

They are stored at:

C:\Users\AZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\*.oft

I've checked several manuals and help sites, but cannot find directions to

delete. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

AZ

www.CreditScoresUSA.com

Punta Gorda, Florida
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

"user template in file system" means it's a file, an .oft file in

particular, found on your computer's hard drive. Use either My Computer or

Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder on your hard drive and delete it

as you would any other file, by selecting it and pressing the delete key.

Sue Mosher

"AZ" <AZ> wrote in message

news:8F4E3B2A-635F-46A2-BA0E-3E56849C4936@microsoft.com...
> Hello all. I am trying to figure out how to delete a "user template in
> file
> system". Since templates are somewhat related to forms, I thought this
> may
> be the best place to get this question answered.

> I can create a template in Outlook, I can use them, but I cannot figure
> out
> how to delete the ones that I no longer need.

> They are stored at:
> C:\Users\AZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\*.oft
> I've checked several manuals and help sites, but cannot find directions to
> delete. Any help would be most appreciated.

> Thanks!
> > AZ
> www.CreditScoresUSA.com
> Punta Gorda, Florida
 
P

ppotter

I am having the same problem as AZ. Your answer makes sense, but it isn't

working on my computer. When I go to open the user template in Outlook, it

says the template is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\FT

Info\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\*.oft. However, when I actually

search for this location, it does not appear to exist. There is no

Application Data folder under FT Info. Why would this have occured and how

can I delete a template?

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> "user template in file system" means it's a file, an .oft file in
> particular, found on your computer's hard drive. Use either My Computer or
> Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder on your hard drive and delete it
> as you would any other file, by selecting it and pressing the delete key.

> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "AZ" <AZ> wrote in message
> news:8F4E3B2A-635F-46A2-BA0E-3E56849C4936@microsoft.com...
> > Hello all. I am trying to figure out how to delete a "user template in
> > file
> > system". Since templates are somewhat related to forms, I thought this
> > may
> > be the best place to get this question answered.
> > I can create a template in Outlook, I can use them, but I cannot figure
> > out
> > how to delete the ones that I no longer need.
> > They are stored at:
> > C:\Users\AZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\*.oft
> > I've checked several manuals and help sites, but cannot find directions to
> > delete. Any help would be most appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> > > > AZ
> > www.CreditScoresUSA.com
> > Punta Gorda, Florida


>
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Check your Explorer settings to make sure that it's set to show hidden files

and folders. If you need help with that, tell us your operating system.

Sue Mosher

"ppotter" <ppotter> wrote in message

news:F9FCCF57-E35A-41E5-BCD8-6874B9EF2CB1@microsoft.com...
> I am having the same problem as AZ. Your answer makes sense, but it isn't
> working on my computer. When I go to open the user template in Outlook, it
> says the template is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\FT
> Info\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\*.oft. However, when I actually
> search for this location, it does not appear to exist. There is no
> Application Data folder under FT Info. Why would this have occured and how
> can I delete a template?

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > "user template in file system" means it's a file, an .oft file in
> > particular, found on your computer's hard drive. Use either My Computer
> > or
> > Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder on your hard drive and delete
> > it
> > as you would any other file, by selecting it and pressing the delete key.
>

>
>> "AZ" <AZ> wrote in message
> > news:8F4E3B2A-635F-46A2-BA0E-3E56849C4936@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello all. I am trying to figure out how to delete a "user template in
> > > file
> > > system". Since templates are somewhat related to forms, I thought this
> > > may
> > > be the best place to get this question answered.
> >> > I can create a template in Outlook, I can use them, but I cannot figure
> > > out
> > > how to delete the ones that I no longer need.
> >> > They are stored at:
> > > C:\Users\AZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\*.oft
> > > I've checked several manuals and help sites, but cannot find directions
> > > to
> > > delete. Any help would be most appreciated.
> >> > Thanks!
> > > > > > AZ
> > > www.CreditScoresUSA.com
> > > Punta Gorda, Florida

>

>
>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A how to delete a "user template in file system"??? Using Outlook 7
S Ask user to input email template through VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Template to produce calendars with wrapped text & user-defined fields? Using Outlook 1
D How can I add a user created template to the toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook record the step I take getting to the user template? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
A How to stop user form from disapearing once mail window is closed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
R Creating a user defined function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 Conditional Format for User Defined Field Using Outlook 1
G <mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com>>> Using Outlook 5
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Daniel Schunk User-defined form arrives empty at the recipient Using Outlook 3
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
S Custom user fields in received messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
P Change PC User Directory & iPhone Sync Using Outlook 2
J Assess content of User Defined Field in Rule Using Outlook 3
M How can I determine which user read an email Exchange Server Administration 4
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
N Select a folder in a user account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R User Defined Fields adding new value Using Outlook 3
B ActiveExplorer return NULL on new Window user login and running Outlook first time Using Outlook 1
S how to set user properties to a newly created appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S VBA with User Defined fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
D Unable to Send On Behalf of Another User Exchange Server Administration 0

Similar threads

Top