Status
Not open for further replies.

soreilly

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi Guys,

I currently subscribe to various mailing lists. Filters are setup to drop the email into sub-folders and I view by conversation. Every so often there will be a reply to a topic that contains extra spacing in the subject. When that happens Outlook sees it as a new conversation and I end up with the conversation split over two or three groups.

Please see the attached screenshot which shows the same conversation split over 6 groups because there are extra spaces in the subject at various points.

I think this has to do with how the sender's email program handles the subject, but I'm posting this in case anything can be done in Outlook to resolve the issue.

Running Office 2007 w/ SP2.

The screenshot is showing grouped by Subject and not conversation. I have just checked another folder which is grouped by conversation and the same thing happens.

Thanks,

Stuart

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, its related to the sender's mail client. Unfortunately, Outlook can't do anything about it and you usually can't fix it. (You can try - Edit Subject line - but outlook groups by the conversation index which you can't change.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caio "From" field doesn't show extra email addresses in Outlook 2016. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
J Remove extra line above signature in reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Extra PST File Using Outlook 2
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
S Using Send on Behalf is adding extra data in from line Using Outlook 1
C extra characters added to email when exporting Using Outlook 2
V Extra mailto: tag added to external emails Using Outlook 1
G extra copies of "Personal Folders" in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
D extra names showing up in distribution lists Using Outlook 2
D Why do I have all these extra contacts and how can I delete them?? Using Outlook 2
G Extra pages in forwarded Messages Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D How can I delete "extra" folders for Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Tasks in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
D How to remove "extra" contacts folders in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
D Three extra lines at bottom of print in week view Using Outlook 1
A Reply and new email font is extra large Using Outlook 5
J Extra text on an Outlook 2007 custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Double line spacing - solved with minor drawback Using Outlook 0
N Wide Line Spacing in Folder pane 2016 Using Outlook 18
Mark Foley Outlook multi-spacing Thunderbird signatures when replying Using Outlook 0
O Permanent line spacing for numbered lists Using Outlook 2
icacream outlook 2007 - how do I stop spacing when I hit return ? Using Outlook 4
W E-mails come back with messages with different font, size, line spacing. Using Outlook 3
K Too much vertical space between folders in Navigation Pane (like double spacing) Using Outlook 2
T Would welcome assistance with setting default formatting to support preset paragraph spacing, or Sty Using Outlook 5
G Cannot change spacing in email message with MS Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
J HOW TO SET DEFAULT E-MAIL FONTS AND LINE SPACING - using a theme for a particular e-mail butn don't know how to set so it stays that way for the next Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 double spacing Using Outlook 1
J In Outlook e-mail double spacing between paragraphs in the body of the message Using Outlook 2
C How do I change the default character spacing in Outlook e-mail? Using Outlook 3
R RE: Any Fix For Font & Spacing Issues in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2