extra characters added to email when exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

christian09

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
Just when I thought my database was ready to go.....:mad:I exported my 1000 plus contact list to csv to edit the phone numbers. After I finished all of them, I noticed that the email had some extra garbage at the end. For instance steve@comcast.net would show up as "steve@comcast.net SMTP steve@comcast.net" I don't know a way to get rid of this with an excel macro or code. Does anyone know how to do this or how to fix it easily within either excel (csv) or outlook.

thank you

i'd use either a formula to remove it then paste special as values, a vba macro to do it inplace or use text to columns then paste.

For text to columns - copy the column, paste into a new sheet and use text to columns then copy the column and paste to over the original.

The procedure for a formula is the same but you need to use paste special as value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Caio "From" field doesn't show extra email addresses in Outlook 2016. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
J Remove extra line above signature in reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Extra PST File Using Outlook 2
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
S Using Send on Behalf is adding extra data in from line Using Outlook 1
S Extra Spacing in Email Replies Using Outlook 1
D How to remove "extra" contacts folders in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
J Extra text on an Outlook 2007 custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S vba outlook search string with special characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S VBA search string with special characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Instant search with special characters Using Outlook 1
wallisellener "The database name cannot exceed 50 characters" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook adds strange characters inserted into the Subject Line Using Outlook 2
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
A Removing illegal characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H In Exchange 2010, how to block an email containing an attachment that has foreign characters Exchange Server Administration 1
Jon Flemibng Funny characters when printng email Using Outlook 3
J Swedish characters in Outlook folder names Using Outlook 0
B Line/Body width one or two characters Using Outlook 1
M Jolly characters in Outlook 2007 searching Using Outlook 3
L Different characters transfered from Yahoo to Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
W Recipients of Outlook messages have characters/words missing in body of message Using Outlook 6
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Outlook 2007, UTF-8 & national characters Using Outlook 5
H Odd symbol when stripping characters using vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R 2 email accounts, only 1 gets signatures added on new email. Using Outlook 1
Kristine RS box added in Favorites disappears Using Outlook 6
J DisablePST = 2 : Only Sharing-Exclusive PSTs can be added Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 client not showing newly added Contacts but... Using Outlook 5
S Check if two organisition is added then i have to give managers passward creteria to send mail Using Outlook 1
S Newly added user doesn't show up in GAL but available in OWA, Using Outlook 0
O BCM 13 added leads to an outlook 13 contact subfolder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Commodore Suggested Contacts by last added Using Outlook 1
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
O "Int-" prefix added to sender's address Using Outlook 4