Recipients of Outlook messages have characters/words missing in body of message

• Thread starter Words being deleted when sending through Outlook
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Words being deleted when sending through Outlook

I have been using Office 2010 Beta for a couple of months and generally like it but when using Outlook I am having an issue when sending emails. It seems when the email reaches the recipient that characters and sometimes whole words and phrases have been deleted on the email, often making my message unreadable by the recipient (on my end, it still looks fine when I review in my 'sent' items). I have had numerous people comment to me on this and have had to resend messages on numerous occasions because of it. I also see what they see on their end when they reply back.

I am looking into purchasing Office 2010 but am very reluctant to do so until i know that this issue can be resolved. I rely on my email for business and simply can't have a program that looks anything but professional.

<input id=" gwProxy" type=" hidden" ></input> <input id=" jsProxy" onclick=" jsCall();" type=" hidden" />

When you examine the messages in your Sent Items folder, are they damaged there as well?

----------------------------

Then the damage is not being caused by Outlook, it's being done after the messages leave Outlook.

There are several possibilities. The first is if you have your antivirus configured to scan mail. That's a huge source of message interference and if multiple recpients see the damage, then this is a likely possibility. Completely uninstall your AV program and reinstall it with a custom install, leaving out the mail scanning feature. It will not make you less safe. You can also test other add-ins on your PC by starting Outlook in safe mode. Hold Ctrl when starting Outlook and it should ask you if you want to start in safe mode. Safe mode disables Outlook add-ins. If your messages get through OK, then you can investigate the add-ins you have.

The second is that something on the recipient's mail server is causing the problem. This is a likely choice when multiple recipients who share a domain see the damage. There's not too much that can be done about this, other than have them complain to their service provider. You can tell if the problem lies here if the receipients see the damage when accessing the mailbox and reading the message via a web browser.

The third is that something on the recipients' PCs are cauing the problem, if your recipients use a mail client. They can tell the difference between this and the last case in the same way, by using a web browser to read the message on the server. If it's OK on the server but not on the PC, then it's more likely a problem on the PC. The first place to look is, again, the antivirus program. If it scans incoming mail, then the scanning should be removed and another test performed. Testing within the mail client depends on the client, of course. Since we don't have that information, there's nothing to suggest at this time.

----------------------------

Re: Recipients of Outlook messages have characters/words missing in body of me

Hi

I am new to this forum,, which I found while googling this problem.

My wife is having the same issue. When I forward her a mail from my Exchange Outlook at work to her POP3 account in Outlook, some characters are dropped randomly.

I have sent the same mail to my gmail account, and they come through fine and they also look fine in my sent items.

So I am speculating that the problem resides
- in her outlook (but why only my forwarded mails do this?)
- with her ISP

Any suggestions would be welcomed!!

What antivirus does she use? We've seen a lot of issues with AVG's Outlook addin. You can try a test - she opens outlook in safe mode and you forward her a message. Does it happen in safe mode? (This test is most accurate when every message you forward is affected.)

To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

Are the same characters affected or is it random? If its always the same ones (or a type of character, ie alphanumeric ok, extended characters get dropped), it could be font or character encoding issues.

hi Diane,

thanks for the suggestion.

I think she uses Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have followed up your idea about being random, and in fact it appears to be related to accents: the text was corrected by me in French, with accents added. Everywhere an accent was added, several characters disappear:

My text sent:

Re : réunion avec Martine et toi

Merci pour la salle Fréderic. Je ferai le rappel à tous les participants moi-même.

Je serai ravie de me réunir avec toi, connaitre Martine, et lui présenter la formation que nous faisons depuis 2006. Puis-je proposer une des dates suivantes pour la réunion ?

Here is what she received:

Re : ravec Martine et toi

Merci pour la salle Fr Je ferai le rappel tous les participants moi-m

Je serai ravie de me ravec toi, connaitre Martine, et lui prla formation PEP que nous faisons depuis 2006. Puis-je proposer une des dates suivantes pour la r ?

Each time the accent disappears, along with the next few characters!!

Is this weird or what???

Status
Not open for further replies.