Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefdids

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
POP3
Hi

Desperate for some help please. I recently switched from PC to iMac and purchased Office for Mac 2011. Been using Outlook with no problems for the last couple of months. All of a sudden, this morning, even though i am still receiving emails to my POP account, I cannot send them. Get the following error message "Mail could not be sent Error Code - 3260."

I have created a secondary account using my settings and this still didn't work.

Latest update, my business partner who is based in Hong Kong (I'm in Stockholm, Sweden) has sent me a message saying that he can also send and receive mails to the same account from his BB, and also receive incoming mails to his outlook on his windows laptop, but cannot send any mails from his laptop.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Many thanks

I forgot to mention that i can also send and receive to the same account from my iPad. I also inputted my account settings into mac mail today and that worked perfectly well also, just something not right with outlook, for me or my business partner.

Is there nobody out there who has any ideas about what the problem is?

Sorry about that - I didn't get a chance to check on this yesterday. We do more Windows Outlook than Mac so i don't know a lot of mac stuff offthe top of my head. Bing certainly doesn't have much on this at all. If the account is MSN, microsoft has this: Outlook for Mac 2011: "An operation on the server timed out. Error code 3259" or "Could not connect to server check your account settings. Error code 3260" when using MSN account - but it is for incoming. The solution there is to check the server name. I certainly recommend that here - re-enter the server name. I have no idea why it would suddenly change (if you did not touch the settings, it was probably corruption, but I have no idea why). In one other case (the error on a SMTP server), the person tested it with the smtp server's ip address and it worked, they reentered the FQDN and it worked. That tells me changing the entry did something that just retyping the address does not. Typing in a fake server name and saving, then re-entering the correct one might do the same.

To get the IP address, type ping server.name.com in a command window - I have no idea how to do that on a mac. If you don't know either, use Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS If it works, try again with the FQDN.

Thanks for your reply Diane. I've been waiting all day for microsofttechnicians to call me back, that I'm paying for, so I certainly appreciate your help with this service.

Bottom line is, iPads work, blackberrys work and even Mac Mail works, so I've spent most of the day configuring my Mac Mail and I will resign Outlook to the place where all other Microsoft products are heading...the IT graveyard. The King is dead....long live the King. But thanks for your help anyway.

Stefan

Forgot to mention Diane, that this isn't exclusively an outlook for Mac problem, as my colleague in hong kong has the same issues, yet he uses a windows based laptop.

do you know what his errpr message says? It should have a little more information.

Who is your email provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
M error code 0x8DE00006 Using Outlook 1
B Automation error running VB macro code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
M VBA Code to Restart Outlook on error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
C Error Code -3253 Outlook for MAC Using Outlook 0
D Outbox will not send, error code 0X800CCC78 with 550 sender restricted. Using Outlook 3
S Error code 0x8004102A Error With Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
C compile error on previously functioning code outlook 2003 windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J I'm getting an error code 8 when try to access my exchange account Using Outlook 6
E Outlook Code Problem On Email Moves - Error -2147221233 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook 2007 Error Code 0x80040607 Using Outlook 10
Q Error code appears when I try to send e mail Using Outlook 2
C receiving error code 0x80042108 Using Outlook 9
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Event Error on non existent Event. Using Outlook 2
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Outlook error 500 Using Outlook 2
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6
D We're sorry but outlook has run into an error Using Outlook 6
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Complite error on SaveAsFile method Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
W error with the permission for the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2