Hyperlink VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdl_131

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, I frequently write emails with a few different hyperlinks in them. I am sort of like tech support for my company and for example if a customer asks what tire pressure he should have I would give a link to www.tirepressure.com or if they ask which oil to use I would give a link to www.oil.com. Those websites are just examples, I don't work in the car industry. Now for what I am looking to accomplish:

1. Ideally I would like to have auto-correct replace a word that I type with a correctly formatted hyperlink (blue text w/underline) to a specified website. I have tried to do this but all I can get it to do is replace the word with the unformatted web address and since most of my links are quite lengthy (~75-100 characters) this doesn't look good in an email and the links aren't clickable anyway. So basically I want to type "Google" and then have word replace it with "Google"...not "www.google.com".

2. Alternatively I would like to have a macro that I can run by hot-key to insert the formatted link for me.

I have tried all kinds of code I've found on the WWW but I can't get it to work. Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Autoformat can handle up to 248 characters and should work for this - create the text block, select it, then go to autocorrect and choose the 'formatted text' option. (For longer text, use autotext or quick parts) Macro is also possible, but I don't think i have any samples - will put one together though.

autocorrect.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
S email body without "HYPERLINK" ( vba ) Using Outlook 6
K Add Hyperlink in Email Body by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Embedding hyperlink into Word document Using Outlook 2
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Ignore hyperlink from being flagged as false pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Custom form with html hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
N open the hyperlink in Outlook directly instead of browser Using Outlook 1
M How to view the URL for a hyperlink? Using Outlook 1
A Add Hyperlink to Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
P URL Hyperlink not working correctly in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
A Create Macro for hyperlink(email) in message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Disable the Unsafe Hyperlink Warning when Opening Attachments Using Outlook 0
V Using custom field data in mail body + mailto hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Hyperlink to an Outlook search Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
E Create a URL hyperlink in an Outlook custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Macro generating email using default signature and hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Witzker HYPERLINK "mailto:test@test.com" in form body Using Outlook 21
Hudas Hyperlink Saved Outlook Email to MS Access Table Using Outlook 4
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
M How to create a hyperlink to to an organizational form Using Outlook 5
P Can't add a custom hyperlink to toolbar in OL 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Desable Hyperlink on email Using Outlook 3
O Hyperlink formatting lost after replacement in outlook Using Outlook 5
O Hyperlink formatting lost after replacement in outlook Using Outlook 0
G Hyperlink Using Outlook 1
T Hyperlink Issue Using Outlook 2
P Hyperlink to Access record/Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M auto click hyperlink?! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Auto click a hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Inserting a hyperlink in the bod of an outlook appt. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2