Hyperlink to Access record/Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter

Hi all, I am trying to solve this issue. Office 2007 / Outlook 2007 / Access

2007

From a Access form I have a command button , send email, the DoCmd send

object...How do I also create a hyperlink to this specific email, (the CC is

one of my mail boxes), in order to be able to store the hyperlink in the

access record, click on it and either open the sent email..or the specific

email folder it resides..

Thanks!
 
J

JP

I don't think it's possible without the Outlook object model. You'd

need to instantiate Outlook, create and send the email, and capture

the MailItem.EntryID. Then use something like the TextBox.Click or

DblClick event to launch Outlook, find the email (using the entry ID)

and open it using MailItem.Display.

HTH,

JP

On Mar 23, 11:38 am, Peter <Pe...> wrote:
> Hi all, I am trying to solve this issue. Office 2007 / Outlook 2007 / Access
> 2007
> From a Access form I have a command button , send email, the DoCmd send
> object...How do I also create a hyperlink to this specific email, (the CCis
> one of my mail boxes), in order to be able to store the hyperlink in the
> access record, click on it and either open the sent email..or the specific
> email folder it resides..

> Thanks!
 
P

Peter

Thanks JP, i will look into that...

"JP" wrote:


> I don't think it's possible without the Outlook object model. You'd
> need to instantiate Outlook, create and send the email, and capture
> the MailItem.EntryID. Then use something like the TextBox.Click or
> DblClick event to launch Outlook, find the email (using the entry ID)
> and open it using MailItem.Display.

> HTH,
> JP

> On Mar 23, 11:38 am, Peter <Pe...> wrote:
> > Hi all, I am trying to solve this issue. Office 2007 / Outlook 2007 / Access
> > 2007
> > From a Access form I have a command button , send email, the DoCmd send
> > object...How do I also create a hyperlink to this specific email, (the CC is
> > one of my mail boxes), in order to be able to store the hyperlink in the
> > access record, click on it and either open the sent email..or the specific
> > email folder it resides..
> > Thanks!

> .
>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hudas Hyperlink Saved Outlook Email to MS Access Table Using Outlook 4
V Embedding hyperlink into Word document Using Outlook 2
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Ignore hyperlink from being flagged as false pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Custom form with html hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
N open the hyperlink in Outlook directly instead of browser Using Outlook 1
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M How to view the URL for a hyperlink? Using Outlook 1
A Add Hyperlink to Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
P URL Hyperlink not working correctly in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
A Create Macro for hyperlink(email) in message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Disable the Unsafe Hyperlink Warning when Opening Attachments New Slipstick.com Articles 0
V Using custom field data in mail body + mailto hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Hyperlink to an Outlook search Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
E Create a URL hyperlink in an Outlook custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Macro generating email using default signature and hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
witzker HYPERLINK "mailto:test@test.com" in form body Using Outlook 21
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
S email body without "HYPERLINK" ( vba ) Using Outlook 6
M How to create a hyperlink to to an organizational form Using Outlook 5
J Hyperlink VBA Using Outlook 1
P Can't add a custom hyperlink to toolbar in OL 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Desable Hyperlink on email Using Outlook 3
O Hyperlink formatting lost after replacement in outlook Using Outlook 5
O Hyperlink formatting lost after replacement in outlook Using Outlook 0
G Hyperlink Using Outlook 1
T Hyperlink Issue Using Outlook 2
M auto click hyperlink?! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Auto click a hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Inserting a hyperlink in the bod of an outlook appt. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
K Add Hyperlink in Email Body by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
klpconsulting Programmatic Access Office 365 Pro Plus & RDS Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
D Lost Access to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Grant R/W (update) access to a friend Using Outlook 3
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
GregS Can't access archive file Using Outlook 5
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R How can I access my emails from corrupt offline files of MS Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
R Quick Access view in File Explorer when saving attachments Using Outlook 0
D Disable or hide "reply" and "reply to all" and "forward" in email from access vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4

Similar threads

Top