Not open for further replies.

wedwards123

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi i have access to 2 calendars. I want :

Calendar A meetings to be copied to Calendar B

OR a default setting that means every new meeting started a set email is automatically invited.

Both are doable - you can use VBA to do both or create a custom meeting form that includes the email address. Using a macros means it only works on the computer where the macro is installed. Using a custom form will work on any computer where you use Outlook with your exchange server.

Thanks for the response Diane,

I believed both were possible but was unsure how to go about doing either.

I'm happy for the macro to work on just the computer its installed on, i've written an alternative macro that SHOULD add example@example.com to the OptionalAttendees but instead REPLACES the OptionalAttendees with example@example.com for the whole year but i would like it to add the email to the list of OptionalAttendees BUT if it appears in the OptionalAttendees list then don't send.

In my current code below i've tried OptionalAttendees.Add but this returns a object error:

Sub calendar_copy()

Dim MailboxName

Dim Calendar_ID

Dim myNamespace As Outlook.NameSpace

Dim myRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

Dim CalFolder As MAPIFolder

Set objOutlook = GetNamespace("MAPI")

Dim CalendarFolder As Outlook.Folder

'- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --'

'change the mailbox name to that of the shared calendar - for own calendar enter personal email address '-

MailboxName = "example@example.com" '-

'-

'- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --'

Set myNamespace = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set myRecipient = myNamespace.CreateRecipient(MailboxName)

myRecipient.Resolve

Set Calendar_ID = Outlook.Session.GetSharedDefaultFolder(myRecipient, olFolderCalendar)

Set CalFolder = Calendar_ID

Set calitem = CalFolder.Items

MyStart = "01/01/2013"

MyStart = Format(MyStart, "dd/mm/yyyy")

MyEnd = "31/12/2013"

MyEnd = Format(MyEnd, "dd/mm/yyyy")

'Restricts the subject to "Test A " only

RestrictMeetings = "[Start] >= '" & MyStart & "' AND [End] <= '" & MyEnd & "' And [Subject] > 'Test a' and [subject] < 'Test z'"

Set targetitems = calitem.Restrict(RestrictMeetings)

For Each meetingsubject In targetitems

meetingsubject.OptionalAttendees = "example@example.com"

meetingsubject.Display

Next

End Sub

Both are doable - you can use VBA to do both or create a custom meeting form that includes the email address. Using a macros means it only works on the computer where the macro is installed. Using a custom form will work on any computer where you use Outlook with your exchange server.

Hi Diane - thanks for the reply.

I believe both were doable, but just wasn't sure how to go about it.

I've put some code together that SHOULD ADD example@example.com to the OptionalAttendees list for the whole year if it doesn't apear in the list already AND then only send update ONLY to this email (updated invitees) but instead it actually REPLACES any OptionalAttendees with example@example.com and sends the update to all.

In my code below i've tried to use OptionalAttendees.Add but it returns an object error, the code below is the one that actually replaces the OptionalAttendees.

Sub calendar_copy()

Dim MailboxName

Dim Calendar_ID

Dim myNamespace As Outlook.NameSpace

Dim myRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

Dim CalFolder As MAPIFolder

Set objOutlook = GetNamespace("MAPI")

Dim CalendarFolder As Outlook.Folder

'change the mailbox name to that of the shared calendar - for own calendar enter personal email address '-

MailboxName = "example@example.com" '-

'-

'This refers to the example Calendar ID

Set myNamespace = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set myRecipient = myNamespace.CreateRecipient(MailboxName)

myRecipient.Resolve

Set Calendar_ID = Outlook.Session.GetSharedDefaultFolder(myRecipient, olFolderCalendar)

Set CalFolder = Calendar_ID

Set calitem = CalFolder.Items

MyStart = "01/01/2013"

MyStart = Format(MyStart, "dd/mm/yyyy")

MyEnd = "31/12/2013"

MyEnd = Format(MyEnd, "dd/mm/yyyy")

'Restricts the subject to "Test a" to "Test z"only

RestrictMeetings = "[Start] >= '" & MyStart & "' AND [End] <= '" & MyEnd & "' And [Subject] > 'Test a' and [subject] < 'Test z'"

Set targetitems = calitem.Restrict(RestrictMeetings)

meetingsubject.Send

Next

End Sub

To fix the organizer part, instead of using

try
meetingsubject.OptionalAttendees = "example@example.com;" & meetingsubject.OptionalAttendees

using .add is better but you need to do it as a recipient, not optionalattendee (since we aren't using cdo).

Set objRecip = meetingsubject.Recipients.Add("mary@here.com")
objRecip.Type = olOptional
meetingsubject.Display ' i like to use display for testing

Thanks Dianne,

I typed the response twice as i wasn't sure if it had submitted the first time, sorry.

And i believe the snippit of code you gave me has worked, now just for a few extra tests.

thanks again.:cool:

To fix the organizer part, instead of using

try

meetingsubject.OptionalAttendees = "example@example.com;" & meetingsubject.OptionalAttendees

using .add is better but you need to do it as a recipient, not optionalattendee (since we aren't using cdo).

Set objRecip = meetingsubject.Recipients.Add("mary@here.com")

objRecip.Type = olOptional

meetingsubject.Display ' i like to use display for testing

It's the forums fault. :) I don't know why the forum puts your posts into moderation. Unless it's the multiple email addresses counting as urls (but they are not converted to urls).

Status
Not open for further replies.