Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

a sample email :

Hello,

I'm sending to you ....

www.google.com

then we select in Outlook and run vba code :

SelectMail = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)

strEmail = SelectMail.body

If we display strEmail ( msgbox )

then we get :

Hello,

I'm sending to you ....

HYPERLINK"
http://google.com"www.google.com

how to get rid of expression HYPERLINKhttp://google.com

I need only text message as string ( the same as we select email contents and copy - paste to notepad )

Thanks

Re: email body without "HYPERLINK" ( vba )

Does it have the curly brackets wrapping the url blocks too? Press Alt+F9 to toggle them off.

Else, try HTMLBody instead of body in SelectMail.body

Re: email body without "HYPERLINK" ( vba )

Actually, if its in the Msgbox only, not in the message, Alt+F9 won't help. (But I've never seen hyperlink code in a msgbox...) HTMLbody *should* work to get the rendered text, not the underlying code.

Hello Diane,

to clarify my case ( please see attached document )

regards

Michal

Attachments

• forum explanation.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 510
That looks like the hyperlink field code. I've not seen it picked up and used in a msgbox though, that seems odd - my tests all use the google.com<http://www.google.com> format for urls - still not what you want (I assume)...

Try this - you'll need to reference MSForms - in VBA Editor, go to Tools, References and add a check to the MSForms entry.

Sub testskrz()

Dim selectmail As MailItem

Dim DataObj As MSForms.DataObject
Set selectmail = ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
Set DataObj = New MSForms.DataObject
DataObj.SetText selectmail.Body
DataObj.PutInClipboard
DataObj.GetFromClipboard

MsgBox DataObj.GetText(1)

End Sub

It's still coming up with the word hyperlink? Is this an RTF formatted message? Try RTFBody.

The macro I posted gets me this on an HTML message:

macro-results.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
T Is it possible to save email body without header? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2019 Regex email addresses from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
G Place jpg in body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Create new email from the received Email Body with attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Insert link in email body to attached document in Outlook 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Body text of email disappears when I scan an attachment from printer to email Using Outlook 1
M Adding Macro to populate "to" "subject" "body" not deleting email string below. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Transfer Outlook TextBox Text Into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Forwarding email and replacing body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Want to autorespond to an email address in the body of message Using Outlook 0
K Extract email address from body and auto-reply outlook Using Outlook 1
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O VBA to extract email (fields and body) to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
A Create Macro for hyperlink(email) in message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Copy email body fields to excel Using Outlook 0
J Pull an email address from body and replace reply-to address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
divan Outlook 2007 - Replace email body with custom text Using Outlook 9
E Button in body of email to approve/reject with original text Using Outlook 1
B Extract Dates for Appointment Item in Body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M Sending Excel Charts in the Body of an Email Using Outlook 1
B Need Help Creating Email Based on Subject w Address in Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Automatically pick up Recipient's Name on the Body of the Email Message Using Outlook 1
A Create Task from Email and put body & email as attachment into task notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Macro to copy email body to new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Body of email not visible in Outlook Data File Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
S Pre populate subject + body + attachment to already open email in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G Create rule based on image in email body Using Outlook 1
F Script needed for replying to email address in body of receiving email Using Outlook 46
I can't view email body please help! Using Outlook 6
D Email addresss in body of email with single quote Using Outlook 3
M rule to change subject, pull email addresses from body, and forward with templ Using Outlook 14