Eddie

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Up today I use to open my work mail on yahoo.com

I created an outlook account on my PC and linked with mywork mail

myname@domain.com

The synchronization lasted some hours, later my mailsstarted deleting from my account. first they were sent to trash than delete.

What's happening?

Eddie

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
So you created an email account in Outlook for your work account and it deleted mail from the server? did you set iut up as POP3?
yes I created my account on outlook 2007 using pop for my work account.

I can also open this mail account in yahoo.com but I needed in my PC, so I created an Outlook account.

Before completion of the sync I opened my mail on my cellphone and saw that a lot of recent mails on Inbox were missing.

At a time the trash box was filled with mails and a few seconds later they were deleted either from trash box.

Any idea?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Go to Tools, Account Settings. Double click on the work account, click More Settings. Switch ot the Advanced tab and set Outlook to leave mail on the server. Screenshots: leave mail on server

If the work account supports IMAP, that is usually a better option. If you need the mail on the server and have imap, you could create the IMAP account in outlook and move mail from the pop3 data file to the imap folder - after disabling send and receive on the pop account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Problem with Outlook 2016 new mail tray icon alert (envelope in the systems tray) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Problem With Mail Setup IN Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
D Problem with MS mail and outlook 2007 OS Windows 8 Using Outlook 1
S Problem syncing mail from a POP3 account in Outlook 2013 to iphone 5 Using Outlook 1
B Problem with new imap mail account with delete not working as I would like Using Outlook 2
R problem with incomming e-mail I am unable to print full e-mail letter Using Outlook 1
M Problem/Glitch with unread mail and going back to inbox --- missing emails Using Outlook 1
A E-mail accounts problem !!! Using Outlook 7
E Outlook invitation request mail sending twice problem Using Outlook 1
L Sudden problem with sending receiving att.net e-mail account accessed through outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
S Internet Mail SMTP Connector Problem on Exchange 2010 after Migration Exchange Server Administration 2
V Exchange 2010 - problem sending mail from one server Exchange Server Administration 5
M receiving mail problem Using Outlook 8
M Outlook 2010 Unique mail recipient problem... Using Outlook 2
D Automatic respond for sending mail problem Exchange Server Administration 4
R Outlook Connector Not Bringing Mail Down to Outlook__New Problem Started About 1 Week Ago Using Outlook 1
D e-mail problem.......the addresse opens e-mail and it's very large font Using Outlook 1
S Problem with trying to create 'New e-mail' message Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Problem - Cannot receive mail, no problems sending mail - only on one computer Using Outlook 2
K Mail flow problem between two exchange servers. Exchange Server Administration 3
B We have a recurrent problem for printing e-mail messages from Microsoft outlook, (microsoft office 2010 pro +). Using Outlook 1
J Exchange 2003 to 2010 Mail Flow problem during transition Exchange Server Administration 3
B Problem with account listing and favorites on outlook Mail section Using Outlook 2
S Problem in sending e-mail, outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
A Problem with MYOB sending mail Using Outlook 6
M Problem sending e mail Using Outlook 2
C Problem sending e-mail. Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 mail flow problem Exchange Server Administration 16
D Rule problem with contact group and incoming mail Using Outlook 1
P fix problem with outlook 2010 not able to send e-mail Using Outlook 3
I MS Outlook 2010 mail sending problem. Using Outlook 1
V Hotmail stopped downloading after being hacked; problem resolved online, but not getting mail or able to send mail in Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
S add new mail user problem Exchange Server Administration 6
A Mail problem Using Outlook 3
I i am having a problem with my search engine inside the outlook office , i can search for e-mail, it was working and it stopped , Using Outlook 1
S problem printing entire e-mail Using Outlook 3
B Microsoft Outlook Today problem not displaying new unread mail notification. Using Outlook 5
N Automating Outlook 2007 problem with sending mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P UserProperty of mail object problem while dealing with custom fold Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Problem Sending E-mail with Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Opening Mail Attachment Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 11
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 13
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 8
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 2
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0