Need help getting BCM to work with my Outlook 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcranman

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
So I just spent the last 7 hours on the phone with Microsoft. I think the only people I have not talked to yet are Bill Gates and the BCM Pro support team they said they were transferring me to about 10 times. I've talked to dozens of people with different accents all over the world today and it took 4 hours for them to finally tell me that BCM will not work on Office 2013 365 and that I had to upgrade to Office 2013 Home & Business instead. After the upgrade it took another 3 hours of being bounced around to finally get BCM downloaded on my computer. However, they could not get it to show up in my Outlook add-ins. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong (besides trying to get MS Support to help me)? Thanks in advance for your help.

I hate to break it to you, but support is wrong. BCM works with Office 365. I hope they gave you a good price on the upgrade.

Is the addin enabled in File, Options, Addins?

Is there a link to BCM on the bottom of the File tab?

I hate to break it to you, but support is wrong. BCM works with Office 365. I hope they gave you a good price on the upgrade.

Is the addin enabled in File, Options, Addins?

Is there a link to BCM on the bottom of the File tab?

Diane,

First, please let me THANK YOU for your help. I guess I should have looked for a forum like this with brains like yours on it before I spent hours with MS just to get the wrong answer. Also, I didn't get a break on the upgrade either. Oh well! $120 down the drain.

To answer your question, When I click on the file tab, I see "Add Ins" at the bottom and when I click on that I just see "Bluetooth" as the only option. When I go to File>Options>Addins, there are a number of things in the list, but BCM isn't one of them. It's as if BCM and Outlook don't know they are there. Frankly, I'm not even sure that BCM is loaded properly given that I've had errors pop up when I did it. When I click on the file they loaded on my computer (Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database Tool), a pop up comes up and says "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer". I also downloaded a file named BCM2010-BCMSetup-x86-en-US.exe but I cannot get it to install properly.

Well, if its home premium, other family members can use it - maybe it won't be a total loss. Technically, the BCM license is for Home and Business, not Home Premium. It's also supposed to be for people who had it before. But it works with all versions of Outlook 2013 and the full file install doesn't check for previous versions. Honestly, I think Microsoft goofed by not saying anyone could use it - but they don't want the hassle of support for a free product.

Do you remember if they told you it wouldn't work with Home Premium or that it wasn't licensed to use with Home Premium? (I'm ragging on support on this an other BCM issues.) [or when small business subscription if that is what you have)

You want this download - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36513, which looks to be the file you downloaded (based on the file name).

The database tool is used with remote databases.

What happens when you try to install it?

Well, if its home premium, other family members can use it - maybe it won't be a total loss. Technically, the BCM license is for Home and Business, not Home Premium. It's also supposed to be for people who had it before. But it works with all versions of Outlook 2013 and the full file install doesn't check for previous versions. Honestly, I think Microsoft goofed by not saying anyone could use it - but they don't want the hassle of support for a free product.

Do you remember if they told you it wouldn't work with Home Premium or that it wasn't licensed to use with Home Premium? (I'm ragging on support on this an other BCM issues.) [or when small business subscription if that is what you have)

You want this download - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36513, which looks to be the file you downloaded (based on the file name).

The database tool is used with remote databases.

What happens when you try to install it?

Diane, I actually got the Home & Business version of Office not the Home Premium. MS was supposed to call me at 2:00 today. They didn't. When I called them, they said it was because they tought I was in Japan. Then they wanted to know what language I spoke, when I was clearly speaking English, LOL. But finally they transferred me to a guy who took remote control of my computer and he fixed everything and got it up and running. It took about an hour or so. So I'm all set. Now I just need to learn how to use it. I plan on reading more on this forum and watching some online videos. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks again for your interest and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.