Status
Not open for further replies.

D_N_L

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Hi all,

I need to monitor an Outlook sub-folder on someone else's PC. I suspect they have been moving emails out of a folder into another when they shouldn't have. Can this be achieved in Outlook at all?

Maybe a ChangeEvent or something?

You could monitor specific folders in Outlook, however, if you are trying to find out who did it, the macro or addin needs to run in their computer - plus they could use a smartphone or owa and bypass the tracking.

Try adding the Modified by field to the view - see if it has the name of the last person to make changes. I'm not 100% sure it will work in this situation though.

Hello Diane,

Apologies I have just picked up this reply. Can you embellish please? Where is the 'modified by view'? The folder I wish to monitor is a shared folder, does this mean I could run a macro on my PC without them knowing?

No, AFAIK, it wouldn't help for you to use a macro - it wouldn't detect who moved the message running from your computer, it would need to run on their computer and add their account name.

The field is actually called Changed By, sorry. Slide the reading pane to the right so the view drops to 1 line (if not already using a 1 line view). Right click on the row of field names and choose Field chooser. Under All Mail Fields is a field called Changed By. Drag it to the row of field names. This screenshot is from a subfolder - in the inbox, the messages were "Changed by" the sender but after moving, they have my account name.

changed-by.png

If you have suspicions, you could remove the ability of the suspect to create items, but depending on how you use the shared mailbox, it could prevent them from doing anything besides reading messages.

Hi Diane,

Many thanks for your help I shall see where it takes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky Monitor secondary mailbox folder for new messages Using Outlook 0
R Can BCM monitor and select specific emails and use content info to update the client's record? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Monitor Meeting Acceptances Using Outlook 1
L Theme changing when 2nd monitor Using Outlook 3
R (Outlook2003)Monitor change for "to" "cc" "bcc" on message compose dialog? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U How to monitor folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
V Latest Changes to form not appearing for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T How to deal with Upcoming GMAIL changes Using Outlook 2
O Unable to make changes to an existing Calendar entry Using Outlook 11
C Tracking Calendar Changes? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Form style totally changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Message Window Changes Size and Position Using Outlook 1
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P Account Changes Using Outlook 4
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Spell Checker Changes -- Not as Predictive as Previously Using Outlook 3
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
T Incoming Mail Changes Fonts Using Outlook 0
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
M receive mail when appointment category changes and create task from appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark Foley Outlook prompts for IMAP user/PW when domain PW changes Using Outlook 0
K outlook 2010 changes text tab position when sending Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
M Display as name in outlook contacts changes Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2010/IMAP - Restoring from system tray changes to unused ibox.... Using Outlook 1
H "Normal" Style Changes When Replying Using Outlook 4
D Connecting to Exchange changes calendar functionality Exchange Server Administration 1
airtas oft templates not sending changes Using Outlook 2
T outlook cal for mac changes times of recurring meetings on its own Using Outlook 1
james27_84 Outlook 2013 not synching changes to server Using Outlook 6
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
R People View Changes during search Using Outlook 2
C Reports always ask 'Would you like to save your changes?' BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
erichamion Changes to meeting body not properly saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The Formatting Changes When A Recurring Appointment is Changed Using Outlook 1
Hudas Outlook VBA script reverting back to previous changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Outlook prompts to save attachments when no changes have been made. Using Outlook 0
E Saving Changes To Edited E-Mail Received Message Using Outlook 0
B Contact changes from Personal to Shared when opening custom form Using Outlook 0
C Disabling "Do you want to save changes?" Meeting Popup? Using Outlook 0
X Outlook 2007+ Changing signature also changes subject? Using Outlook 9
C Dates changes to 1899 when Tab key hit in Time... Using Outlook 3
J From column changes when message is read Using Outlook 1
B 2003 >> 2010 outlook today security changes (Iframes? Href?) Using Outlook 1