From Outlook Express to Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlebNevus

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've happily used OE on an XP desktop and am now reluctantly "upgrading" to Windows 8.1. I have enormous archived message folders that I need to integrate into whatever email client I use instead. Ideally I'd like to be able to sync those with my laptop, which is running Windows 7. I looked into LiveMail but it's poorly reviewed and I found it difficult to download and install. So I'm thinking of buying Outlook 2010. A web search produced warnings that I won't be able to import OE files into the 64-bit version. Will I be happy with the 32-bit version? It would be nice to import directly without having to go through the extra step of LiveMail. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The 32bit version is just fine for most users - the 64bit version handles super sized Access and Excel files so you'd need it if that describes you, but otherwise, you won't notice a difference between 32 and 64.

I recommend using a utility to transfer the files to outlook. Address Magic or Aid4Mail both work well. It's faster, less hassle and worth the cost IMHO, especially if you have a lot of stuff to import.

BlebNevus

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks so much for your reply. Will using a third-party utility spare me from having to install LiveMail and transfer message files to it as an intermediate step? Will it allow me to avoid having Outlook and Outlook Express on the same computer?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, you'll only need one - you may need to run it on the old machine but I'm not 100% sure on that. Aid4Mail has a trial you can check out before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
M Convertor for Outlook Express Mail Store (.dbx) to Outlook Mail Store (.pst) Using Outlook 0
emmastone29 How to use Roadrunner email in Outlook Express? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook vs. Outlook Express Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook Using Outlook 0
M Outlook Express emails disappeared - can I get them back? Exchange Server Administration 1
M Converting from Outlook Express to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
O looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
S Anyone know how to transfer Outlook Express "Identities" to Outlook 2010 ... Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Express won't open Using Outlook 1
S Outlook express 6.0 error msg Using Outlook 1
C Cannot find outlook express Using Outlook 6
D Outlook 2007 - MeetingPlace Express - Calendar error Using Outlook 1
P Migrating Outlook Express files to new pc Using Outlook 2
J Is it Outlook or Outlook Express Using Outlook 1
R i want notifier in outlook express , please help how can i get ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook / BCM / SQL 2005 Express Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
O Outlook Express 6 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Re:BCM failed to install in outlook 2007 due to SQL Server Express 20 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Outlook Express BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
W Outlook 2016 MSI - Possible to make work with O365 modern Auth & Win7? Using Outlook 4
T Outlook roaming signatures Using Outlook 4
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook search bar in Office 2021 Professional Using Outlook 1
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How to fix outlook continuing to prompt fo an Exchange password Using Outlook 0
C Outlook doesn't feel reliable, anymore Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2021 Can anyone explain why my Outlook views keep changing?! Using Outlook 2
AlphonseG Outlook 365 Outlook Crashes on setting SaveSentMessageFolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Using Emojis in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 1
K Outlook for Mac problems Using Outlook 0
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
M c# vsto Outlook.ApplicationEvents_11_NewMailEx Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Event/Meeting in Outlook Does Not Align with SharePoint Calendar Using Outlook 5
Christopher M Is it me, or is Outlook 365 BUGGY? Using Outlook 3