Losing Excel Data when emailing with OutLook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Wagner

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Every time I try to email a complex Excel sheet in outlook 2010 the data is lost. The email will go through with the spread sheet but it say" some of you data has been lost when you open the attachments". I pop up opens and says if you would like to retrieve date click here. Well I follow all that and nothing happens and all my table names are gone. I only have this problem at work with 2010 outlook is why I think that Outlook is the problem. I have read where other people are having this same exact problem but I haven't heard and solutions. Please help if you can.

Is the spreadsheet embedded or attached? Outlook shouldn't be stripping anything but content scanners could.

Outlook shouldn't be touching the contents of attachments - there is a setting in file, Options, Trust Center - under Attachment Handling that leaves meta data in so you can reply with changes, but it only touches metadata, not the file contents.

What antivirus are you using? it could be corrupting the file.

Well with that being said you have answered my question. I has to something with excel and not Outlook. I really appreciate you time to answer these question.
You seem like a very nice person, thanks a bunch
Bill W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Customized Contact Form Losing UDFs. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
L Business Contact Mnager losing contact details BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How to redesign the Contact form without losing the original layout? Using Outlook 2
T How To Delete AN Email Acoount Without Losing The Data File? Using Outlook 1
K Read, unread, i'm losing clients! Using Outlook 1
D Outlook and the Dreaded Losing Shortcuts Issue Using Outlook 4
Y Losing Categories from Contacts Using Outlook 17
A Losing format after any movement on the folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
M using excel to sort outlook appointment items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? Using Outlook 5
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Copying the whole e-mail body into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Copying data from e-mail attachement to EXCEL file via macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 38
S Find a cell value in excel using outlook vba Using Outlook 1
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
D Retrieving Tables from outlook to excel Using Outlook 14
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
nathandavies Email Details to Excel & Save as .MSG on one macro - combination of 2 macros Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Export details to a excel spreadsheet using macros Using Outlook 0
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
T Outlook Calendar 2016 import Excel Using Outlook 1
D Macro sending outlook template from Excel list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Lookup Value From Excel and Reply With Matching Value Using Outlook 0