Can only see emails no later than two weeks old! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdunlap

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Hello there. We use Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2010 and I am having an issue with one user. She called yesterday to tell us that she was looking at her inbox and she noticed that she couldn't see any email after two weeks old. This user uses two different computers, one at her desk and then one at the front secretary desk where she sits about 2 days a week.
I then checked to see if she had any filters on, even started outlook.exe /cleanviews, /cleanrules, and /safe and still couldn't see past two weeks. I then checked to see if cache mode was checked and it was not on either computer. Checked her deleted folder and there was nothing in there but then did a restore and there was tons of stuff in there, so I restored it all because she said that it looked like it was the stuff but I don't think it was. Anyways, the restore didn't work and there are still only two weeks of emails in her inbox. She's one of the few people here that go through all her emails and delete a lot of them and put some in folders that she really needs to keep.
I then checked around the other folders that she has and there were emails from way back, even going back years. Just to make sure, I enabled her OWA access and signed into her account on there and it had the same stuff that her outlook has so I don't think it's application related.
I'm wondering if there is anything else that I can check that could be causing this issue. I would be very appreciative for any help that can be offered.
If you have any questions for me please let me know.
Thanks!

Are the accounts on all computers configured as Exchange mailboxes, not POP3? Does she use any devices, such as smartphones, to read mail?

It sounds like a POp3 account deleted mail from the server - standard time to leave mail on the server is 14 days.

Yes, I have checked and all the accounts are set up with exchange accounts. Also, she does not use any devices to read her email. She just uses the computer when she's here and nothing else.

If it's not visible in OWA and there are no filters applied (use search to look for old mail), the mail was moved to a pst or deleted directly (and deleted items emptied). I would definitely disable the option to empty deleted items on exit (if enabled), just in case a rule or something is moving them to the deleted folder.

Ok, so here's another little tidbit of information. On one of the computers that she was working on, she was running on Cache Mode and one of our techs actually unchecked the box and it seems after he did that the emails went away to just two weeks worth.
I checked her computers and the outlook data files are different sizes. The one on her main computer is over 6GB but not sure why when I kick it into cache mode it doesn't fill her inbox up with tons of messages. I checked the other folders too and nothing is coming in there. I've done closing out to restarting the computer after putting it into cache mode and nothing seems to happen. 6GB seems huge for a data file for outlook and there should be stuff pouring in from there.

Are you sure the data files are ost (cached mode files)? If the 6 GB file is a pst, that is where her messages are.

It seems that offline data setting is limited to 2 week. Check offline data settings & set it to maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Can only see emails no later than two weeks old! HELP! Using Outlook 5
A Record opened emails for reopening later Using Outlook 2
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Flagged Emails highlighted in yellow Using Outlook 2
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
K mark emails with colour manually (like in thunderbird) Using Outlook 1
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Unable to view older emails in desktop app Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Horsepower Lost emails Using Outlook 4
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Emails being archived when I press the A key accidentally - how do I stop this? Using Outlook 0
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J how to stop junk emails from *.onmicrosoft.com ? Using Outlook 2
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 4