Status
Not open for further replies.

jane serky

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

I have always used Outlook tasks to manage by work. I use individual tasks to capture a running history of a work item. The body of the task will include dates as a header and then comments re the status of the work. I also drag (move) any relevant emails to the correct section ie - filed by date. I also used to file word and excel docs in the same manner but have not done this for a while.

I have used tasks in this manner for over 20 years and never had a problem.

In the past few months I am finding that the email attachments are being re-arranged or going missing completely eg - something that was filed under 20th October now appears under 17th October. This is a disaster as I am losing information and the context of that information.

Does anyone know why this is happening? (and what can be done to fix it?)

I upgraded to Office 2010 ~ 6 months ago (used on the local network) but am still using Outlook 2007 via Citrix.

Thanks

Everything is on one task if related to the same work item. Example - the task is to organise flights for team manager:
21/10
Flights organised. Attach confirmation email here
18/10
Searched web for cheapest flights => decided on Qantas. Booked flights and paid with Visa card
15/10
Received email from team manager requesting flight booking. Attach email here.

I don't think the emails were sorting in any particular order.

Are you syncing with a smartphone? That could cause the attachments to re-order.

No syncing. I haven't changed anything recently except to upgrade to 2010 on the local network. I do not know if there have been any changes by the IT dept that may have affected this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
S Macro for Loop through outlook unread emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
R Can not create folder to store specific emails in in Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2016 is not receiving emails until I restart it Using Outlook 1
R How can I access my emails from corrupt offline files of MS Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
R Sending emails via Outlook XP, from Windows 10 File Explorer Using Outlook 1
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3