USA in Business Card View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Schwartz

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I use Outlook 2010 and I like to display my contacts with the Business Card view. Some of my contacts have "United States of America" showing, and some don't. I'd like none of them to show it since it basically clutters the view. I'd remove it from the contact itself but of my 800+ ones maybe 150 have it, and that's too many to change manually. Is there a way to either mass delete them from my contacts, or is there a way to simply not show it in the Business Card view? - Joel

You can use a macro to remove the country code from the contacts. if you have non-usa contacts, i'd do 'if usa then remove' so the country is left on the non-usa contacts. I don't think i have any macros to remove the country handy, but the basic macro is here- http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/contacts/bulk-change-outlook-contacts-file-as-format/ - you just need to use the country field, which i think is .homeaddresscountry or .businssaddresscountry. If you type them in lower case and the words don't change to first letter upper case, then they are not the correct field names. (Hit F2 in the VB Editor to bring up help and look for the correct terms.)

Thanks Diane. I'm very familiar with VBA coding in Excel, but I've really never ventured into Outlook. In your opinion, what's the best way to test my coding before actually making any changes to the live data, since it's synced with Google Apps? Should I copy my contacts into some other folder? Just looking for some guidance before altering my good data which is synced to phones, iPads, etc. - Joel

Diane: Just a shameless bump. Do you have any suggestions for testing VBA changes without altering my live data? Thanks - Joel

Sorry about that - i was out of town all week and didn't have a chance to respond. I would copy a few to a new folder, or if the macro is only working on selected items, not the entire folder, select one and run the macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Importing business card into Outlook for SIgnature Using Outlook 1
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
J Make business address defulkt in cureent not new contacts Using Outlook 1
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
C Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
E Apply customized Business Card for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky How to Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Always Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Business Connectivity Service BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
O Calendar and business contact manager Using Outlook 0
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D screwy behavior Business Card - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 8
stephenjones Adding a business account to Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3
T Business Projects question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Office 365 small business/Outlook 2013 issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T client addin deletes all business contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Business Contact Mnager losing contact details BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
pedropimenta@netcabo.pt Sync Business contacts with Icloud contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
D opening Word Document in a business contact? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M PST large - Imap gmail business Using Outlook 0
E No projects appearing in 'business projects' for bcm Using Outlook 0
A receive error when create new business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 14
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N How to install BCM for Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Small Business Premium BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Business Con Mgr - E-mail blast, to have a 'CC' as well as attach a document.. Exchange Server Administration 0
M Queries on Business Contact Manager (BCM) with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
J Missing business contacts! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
V Custom UI Runtime Error in Business Contact Manager for Outlook (2013) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
K Business address as default mailing address Using Outlook 3
S Please help! -- Linked Account field at Business Contacts tab is always empty BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
B BCM 2010: Exporting Notes to .CSV with Business Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E Macro to export BCM business data to CSV file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Using BCM2010 Business Projects as SharePoint 2007 Data Source BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R "business contact manager logon failure server is in single user mode" - HELP! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Add Business Contacts to BCM2010 from iPhone BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Adding Second Business Contact Group BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1