Best utility for repairing PST files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x509

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have several PST files of > 2 GB. I need to run scanpst against these files 3-4 times to get them to be error-free. As soon as I run Outlook, they all develop problems again. Is there a third-party utility that can fix them in just one pass, and really fix them so errors don't crop up again as soon as I run Outlook?

x509

Probably not... you first need to figure out why is corrupting so frequently.sync utilities or other programs that access the pst is a common cause.

This page has the repair products.
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/pst-repair/repair-a-damaged-personal-folders-pst-file/

Diane,

Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate that. In fact, I don't use any programs other than Outlook itself to "edit" the PST files.

Looking at the repair products, there is a wide range in price. Are they all equally effective? How can I evaluate that?

Again, thank you for your response.

The ones in the tools in the spotlight section are all good - they each have a trial, so you can test it and see if it finds the missing mail. Start with the least expensive and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cheapfaremart Which outlook version is best? Using Outlook 0
Horsepower What is best calendar practice for iMac Using Outlook 3
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
Rupert Dragwater What is the best way to back up pst Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky The Best Outlook Store Add-ins Contest Using Outlook 0
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
oliv- Best practice for catching mailitem.events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M What is the best way to find all records of an e-mail for our company? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Best approach for restarting custom task form development after seemingly corrupt form environment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Best method to use Outlook Standalone with iPhone Using Outlook 13
D a suggestion ...sent with the best intentions Using Outlook 1
B What is the best way to use Outlook address book to select customer and then open Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
M How best to track OUTGOING referrals? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M best duplicate contact remover? Using Outlook 6
jobudge Reinstalled Outlook 2013 after system crash what is best way to synch with gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
P Best way to locally backup/archive Gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
O What are best practices for a re-install Office 13 w/BCM with OS re-install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G what is the best way to organize outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
D What would be the best strategy? Using Outlook 3
crazyboy BCM Installation Best Practices? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J Best way to move form old to new, larger pst? Using Outlook 2
M Best way to move outlook? Using Outlook 1
R Best way to share outlook calendar with 10 laptops Using Outlook 9
B Best way to get a pick-list on a form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Best way to distribute VBA project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Is Explorer.FolderSwitch the best event for hiding commandbarbutton? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2007 / Vista / Windows XP best combo needed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Form Region, Task Pain, Ribbon Extension - which way is best? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
A Recommend add-on or utility enabling quick Google search within Outlook Using Outlook 7
S Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File Using Outlook 6
B Repairing iCloud damage Using Outlook 1