Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, I'm very new to MS BCM.

I need to track referrals and can see that a default Opportunity can be used to track an incoming referral from a third party Account using the "Initiated By" field. However, I also need to track all outgoing referrals.

So if I create a new Opportunity, the "Link to" is my client who I referred, the "Initiated by" is me as the referror. But how do I track it to the third party to whom I referred my client since I cannot put this third party as "Assigned to"?

I am thinking I need to create a custom Opportunity called "Referrals Made/Received" and somehow connect the outgoing referrals to certain Accounts, and somehow be able to see all referrals I made to those Accounts in the Account record and/or in a report.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

That is a tough one. I think you are correct, that you'll need to make a new opportunity. But, if the Accounts are the places you referred people to, one possibility is to make the referrers contacts within that Account.

Hi Diane, thanks for responding. So what I've done is added to the Opportunity form a custom field called "Person referred by/to" as a relationship data type and a destination field name called "Referrals Made/Received (destination record type is All Contact Types for now). This seems to work well. If I refer Joe to Tom, then Tom's Business Contact has a table at the bottom titled "referrals made/received" and shows Joe as a contact who was referred to Tom. I had to create another field called "referral direction" dropdown to show whether Tom referred Joe to me, or I referred Joe to Tom.

The only remaining issue is that the "referrals made/received" table is auto generated and not customizable, so I cannot see the "referral direction" field in the table in Tom's business record. I expect I will be able to generate a report that shows all incoming and outgoing referrals.

Last question: you mentioned needing to make a new opportunity. But as I understand it, we cannot create a "new" separate type of opportunity form, only customize the one standard "opportunity" form. It appears only Accounts, Leads, and Business Contacts can have multiple "types" of forms available (e.g., Clients, Vendors, etc.) . Am I incorrect on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cheapfaremart Which outlook version is best? Using Outlook 0
Horsepower What is best calendar practice for iMac Using Outlook 3
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
Rupert Dragwater What is the best way to back up pst Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky The Best Outlook Store Add-ins Contest Using Outlook 0
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
oliv- Best practice for catching mailitem.events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M What is the best way to find all records of an e-mail for our company? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Best approach for restarting custom task form development after seemingly corrupt form environment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X Best utility for repairing PST files? Using Outlook 3
S Best method to use Outlook Standalone with iPhone Using Outlook 13
D a suggestion ...sent with the best intentions Using Outlook 1
B What is the best way to use Outlook address book to select customer and then open Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
M best duplicate contact remover? Using Outlook 6
jobudge Reinstalled Outlook 2013 after system crash what is best way to synch with gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
P Best way to locally backup/archive Gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
O What are best practices for a re-install Office 13 w/BCM with OS re-install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G what is the best way to organize outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
D What would be the best strategy? Using Outlook 3
crazyboy BCM Installation Best Practices? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J Best way to move form old to new, larger pst? Using Outlook 2
M Best way to move outlook? Using Outlook 1
R Best way to share outlook calendar with 10 laptops Using Outlook 9
B Best way to get a pick-list on a form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Best way to distribute VBA project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Is Explorer.FolderSwitch the best event for hiding commandbarbutton? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2007 / Vista / Windows XP best combo needed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Form Region, Task Pain, Ribbon Extension - which way is best? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
B Track Record Activity Using Outlook 1
R When rules lose track of "specified folder" Using Outlook 6
R Track Sent Emails that have not been Responded Using Outlook 1
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
S Track emails in OWA Exchange Server Administration 1
J Re: [outlook-users] track time in outlook 2007 cal Using Outlook 2
R keeping track of custom settings for com add-ins Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R keep track of the original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Using BCM 2007 to track manuscript submissions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I categories for outgoing email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7