How to switch back from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porty

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
POP3
This might sound odd but a friend wants to transfer her mail account from an old W7 laptop running Office 2010 to another W7 laptop running Office 2007.

I've installed Outlook 2007 on her newer laptop and now we need to get her old 2010 PST to work on that machine.

Advice please.

Porty

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
POP3
Thanks Diane. Yes, it's POP3. Do you mean 'add' it to the profile (which has never been opened or used on the new machine) or should I first delete that default profile? Will I get the message about 'the PST having been created in a newer version'?

Sorry, I haven't got either machine in front of me at the moment.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You shouldn't have a problem with the pst being created in a newer version. You don't need to delete the profile. Since you haven't used the profile yet, add it to the profile in Control panel, and if desired, set it as the default pst and point the pop account to that inbox then remove the one that was created by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 2010: using /altvba switch Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Microsoft exchange server to pop account type switch? Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 & Windows Lock/Switch USer functions Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010: The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using Using Outlook 3
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Outlook 2016: /altvba startup switch does not work Using Outlook 2
J VBA to switch Outlook online/offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
George Simpson "Switch to HTML" in Outlook 2016 notes field Using Outlook 1
K Can Outlook be launched with the /cleanreminders switch multiple times? Using Outlook 2
H The default e-mail account keeps switching to another account. I have to manually switch it back everytime I open Outlook. Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 is very slow to switch between mail, contacts, and calendar. Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 slow to switch view from one folder to another Using Outlook 8
B Re: Export/Import/Switch from WLM to Outlook Using Outlook 1
J How to switch users using Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 5
R "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch Using Outlook 2
N how to switch to another DAG member and let OUTLOOK work with it? Exchange Server Administration 4
P Re: Outlook 2007 hang / stop responding when switch language from English to Thai Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 (w/ Windows 7 Professional) freezes or becomes non-responsive while trying switch from one email to another or add contacts to a current Using Outlook 4
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
B Switch template with account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T How to determine when I switch from mail to calendar etc. Using Outlook 9
E Should I switch to IMAP? Using Outlook 0
wisedave Switch from POP3 over to IMAP Using Outlook 3
W How to switch my list view back to normal view Using Outlook 1
M It takes a long time to switch between mailbox, tasks, contacts. Using Outlook 4
T Auto Switch Back? Using Outlook 3
J How to switch between two email addresses when sending emails? Using Outlook 3
B How to switch to Outlookd today when in Calendar or email tabs Using Outlook 3
S Switch language but cannot input text Using Outlook 4
M DR Failover Testing for a DAG in DAC Mode. Errors on Switch Back to Primary Datacentre. Exchange Server Administration 7
C new-mailboxexportrequest - no more deletecontent switch? Exchange Server Administration 1
A Replace server by running setup with /recoverserver switch Exchange Server Administration 6
B Can't switch between user accounts without restarting Using Outlook 1
S How can I get the individual e mail accounts to show so that I can switch between them and not get all of them in one inbox? Using Outlook 1
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M Switch Mail format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U Using /a switch to send multiple files? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 0
L Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 5
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 2
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0