Outlook Notes and Exchange Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
After using Microsoft Exchange for a few months with Outlook 2007, I've noticed that everything syncs just fine with the Exchange server except for Notes. I'm not talking about the notes field in Contacts, but the regular notes folder.

I called Microsoft and they told me that the Notes folder is not designed to sync with Exchange. Is this true, and if it is, does the OST file still save the notes data?

Thanks,
Dawn

Thanks Diane. At least it will sync with a notebook running Outlook. That's good enough for me.

Correct - it should sync fine to outlook on other computers. Actually, notes will also sync to apple devices - if you use the native ios app. Or at least set the account up in iOS settings then turn on notes sync (and turn off mail, calendar & contacts if you prefer the outlook app). I don't think they are supported in the native Android app, but I haven't checked.

You wouldn't use ITunes or any 3rd party utility to sync exchange mailboxes with smartphones or tablets - ActiveSync (or web services) can handle it , with less hassle than a 3rd party utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
F This is currently a Lotus Notes app. Can Outlook / Exchange do this ? Using Outlook 3
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
P Synching Outlook 2013 Notes with iPhone 8 Using Outlook 1
H Syncing Outlook notes with ios Using Outlook 3
S Outlook VBA Contacts Notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
George Simpson "Switch to HTML" in Outlook 2016 notes field Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2013 Notes have toolbars Using Outlook 0
O Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite Using Outlook 4
P mailto replication in Outlook Contact Notes Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010 Search Appointment Notes Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Outlook Notes to OneNote (2010) Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2007 meeting invitations and Lotus Notes Using Outlook 0
M Access replicated Outlook (email folders, calendar, contacts, notes) via web Using Outlook 1
D Redemption? Need rapid pull of Outlook Contacts, email + notes for VBA Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 - Tasks - Printing Notes Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Contact Notes show previous history with strike through. Using Outlook 1
F Foreign Accents in Outlook 2003 Tasks, notes and Calendar Using Outlook 4
M Sync Outlook 2010 Notes and Journal with iPhone 4 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Contacts 2010 problem with Notes section configuration Using Outlook 22
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2