Save E mail using different path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Diane

Thanks for your help. I will try this code as soon as possible. For now mine is obviously working and i already start to work on another one. But, i'm curious to try your code, specialy the "Case" part.
Anyway, thanks for helping. I'll keep you in touch with testing your lines.

Fred

Yeah... if it works, don't break it. :)

Yeah :) It works great. Every time a mail which is under a rule, incomes, mail is tidied in the correct sub-folder and saved by the script executed by rule :p

But now i have another challenge...

This deals with attached file. I'm specialy interrested by two type of mails :

- Nornofolio Details
- Plassit Rice

I'm adding two rules in Outlook because besides saving mail on network, i need to extract attached file too.

Code:
'----------------------Règle 8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub rule_ExtractCP(Mail As Outlook.MailItem)

FundType = "Tlassic Rice"
  Call ExtractCP(Mail, "H:\XXX\99. DWH\EXTRACTION\Tlassic Rice\", FundType)

End Sub

with

Sub ExtractCP(MyMail As Outlook.MailItem, repertoire, FundType)

End Sub
and
Code:
Sub ExtractPD(MyMail As Outlook.MailItem, repertoire, FundType)

End Sub

with

'----------------------Règle 9-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub rule_ExtractPD(Mail As Outlook.MailItem)

FundType = "Portfolio Details"
  Call ExtractCP(Mail, "H:\XXX\99. DWH\EXTRACTION\Nornolio Details\", FundType)

End Sub

I already have a macro which is working perfectly. Aim of this macro is too seek into "Extraction" Outlook sub-folder for mails. For each of mails found, Macro opens attached file, read and copy A2 cell information and paste it in the Excel file of Macro. At the end, macro use pasted cell to create name of file on network.
I did it because i need to name my files with information took into attached file...

This is the code :
Macro is in a module of an Excel file named "Extraction - Browser.xlsm"

Code:
Sub RetrieveMailFiles_Click()

Dim MonOutlook As Outlook.Application
Dim ns As Namespace
Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder
Dim Item As Object
Dim Atmt As Attachment
Dim FileName As String
Dim Mypath As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim dtDate As Date
Dim sDate As String
Dim sName2 As String
Dim sName3 As String
Dim Inbox2 As MAPIFolder
Dim Inbox3 As MAPIFolder
Dim Td As Date
Dim Rd As Date
Dim Nd As String
Dim awb As Workbook
Dim aws As Worksheet
Set ns = GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set InboxFold = ns.GetFolderFromID("00000000CA5063795BBABA4E85B7BB93FA4923A901001D2C09AE1B48E742934DA9D063E6543B000000E6E19D0000")

Set awb = ActiveWorkbook
Set aws = awb.ActiveSheet
Dim d As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each Item In InboxFold.Items
        For Each Atmt In Item.Attachments

'-----------------------------------------------------/ AAA /----------------------------------------

If Item.UnRead = False And Right(Atmt.FileName, 3) = "xls" And Item.Body Like "*AAA*" Then

'Creation of a Temp file "datefile" which is a pasting of attached file
            FileName = "H:\XXX\99. DWH\EXTRACTION\datefile.xls"
            Atmt.SaveAsFile FileName
            Workbooks.Open FileName

'Copy of "A2" cell whichi is.....
            Range("A2").Select
            Selection.Copy

'Pasting data from A2 to B2 in "Extraction - Browser.xlsm"
            Windows("Extraction - Browser.xlsm").Activate
            Range("B2").Select
            ActiveSheet.Paste
            Application.CutCopyMode = False

'Opening of "datefile"
            FileName = "H:\BSI ManCo\Control Function\99. DWH\EXTRACTION\datefile.xls"
            Workbooks.Open FileName

'Copy of E2
            Range("E2").Select
            Selection.Copy

'Pasting of E2 in B3 in "Extraction - Browser.xlsm"
            Range("B3").Select
            ActiveSheet.Paste
            Application.CutCopyMode = False

'Closing of "datefile..xls"
            Workbooks("datefile.xls").Close
            Kill FileName

'Final File Creation
            ActiveWorkbook.Save

sDate = aws.Range("D2").Value
                sName2 = aws.Range("D3").Value
                sName3 = aws.Range("B4").Value

FileName = "H:\99. DWH\EXTRACTION\" & sDate & " - " & sName2 & " - " & sName3 & ".xls"
            Atmt.SaveAsFile FileName

Item.UnRead = False

'-----------------------------------------------------------------/ BBB /----------------------------------------

ElseIf Item.UnRead = False And Right(Atmt.FileName, 3) = "xls" And Item.Body Like "*

'-----------------------------------------------------------------/ CCC/-----------------------------------------

ElseIf Item.UnRead = False And Right(Atmt.FileName, 3) = "xls" And Item.Body Like "*

'-----------------------------------------------------------------/ DDD/----------------------------------------

End If

'Next Attachment in same mail
       Next Atmt

'Next Email
    Next Item

'Kill FileName
If InboxFold.Items.Restrict("[UnRead] = True").Count = 0 Then
        MsgBox "NO Unread Email In Multichallenge Globes Inbox"

End If

End Sub

Well...both macro are perfectly working but i have to find a way to adapt second one in Outlook. For now the part

Code:
Set InboxFold = ns.GetFolderFromID("00000000CA5063795BBABA4E85B7BB93FA4923A901001D2C09AE1B48E742934DA9D063E6543B000000E6E19D0000")

does not suit with because i'm not extracting mails in Outlook but mails in Windows browser !

so you want to put H:\XXX\99. DWH\EXTRACTION\Nornolio Details\saved-filename.ext in the cell?

Assign the path and filename to a global variable

or if i misunderstand what you need to do and you just need to convert this:

to the default inbox, use
Set InboxFold =Ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)

Not exactly Diane.
My incoming mails (the .msg files) are saved in a network drive (to H:\XXX\99. DWH\Incoming Mails) thanks to an Outlook rule which runs also a script. Ok
Now i would like to add a rule (and a script) in order to extract attached file.

I already have a macro to do the extraction and it works fine but this macro is made to seek mails in an Outlook folder and i would like to seek into a network drive (H:\XXX\99. DWH\Incoming Mails)

Status
Not open for further replies.