Status
Not open for further replies.

Greer2018

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I have recently built a new custom contact form for our CEO's contacts. I have set it as the default for all new contacts but I am trying to find a way to update all his 8000 current contacts to the new form. Is there a script or tool that someone can recommend?

They just haven't updated it in years (because it doesn't need updated) - it worked when i last used it but I forget if it was with 2013 or 2016.

Did you get any error with the macro?

After your comment I attempted to run the tool and I got this error message back "Either there is no default mail client or the the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." Outlook is the default email client in both my Outlook settings and my PC settings. I also have outlook running while I am trying to run the tool.

When I tried running the Marco I receive the following error message "Access to this form Template file is blocked. If you trust the source of the form, on the home tab, click New Item, and then choose the form. ..."

When I tried opening it the way they suggest nothing happens.

Oh... i didn't notice you used 64-bit. That could be the cause of the error message with docmessageclass.

"Access to this form Template file is blocked. If you trust the source of the form, on the home tab, click New Item, and then choose the form. ..."
This message seems a little weird - i would not expect an error and certain not that error. Is the custom form published or a template?

Oh... i didn't notice you used 64-bit. That could be the cause of the error message with docmessageclass.

This message seems a little weird - i would not expect an error and certain not that error. Is the custom form published or a template?

I creating the macro as a template as advised to do here. I have also tried running the Marco on a 32-bit and received the same error.

i haven't used the template in years - and with some new security in Outlook, it may not work.

I tested docmessageclass on Outlook 2016 32-bit. It works. (I converted the ones using sharepoint form to the standard contact form)

docmessageclass.png

Hi Diane,

Outlook 64 bit was the problem, when I uninstalled and reinstalled 32 bit it worked just fine. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M adding corresponding contact form data on a mass scale Using Outlook 5
J Add-in for sending mass emails Using Outlook 14
B Mass customized emails sent weekly Using Outlook 0
David French Mass e-mail avoiding SPAM Using Outlook 1
SirFishAlot Send atachment with mass email using BCM, and Publisher 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
W Mass emailing to contacts linked to accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Mass find & delete email addresses from address book. Using Outlook 3
A How to send Personalized attachment while sending mass mail Using Outlook 1
P Delayed mass email sending Using Outlook 2
D Sending mass e-mail (picture only) Using Outlook 1
J Mass Printing to a 'Category' BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Need help in creating a mass emailing plugin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M "File As" option lost company name- Mass change? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
I Outlook is stuck at "Updating Calendar" Using Outlook 1
A VBscript stops running after updating form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Custom Search Folders not refreshing/updating automatically Using Outlook 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Updating VbaProject.OTM on several users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
T Office 2013 no longer updating automatically Using Outlook 2
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Task Update coming as email and not updating task Using Outlook 3
M search takes a loooong time since updating Using Outlook 8
T Shared calendar not updating Using Outlook 1
T Need help with finding/updating task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Updating Last Modified Date on ThisOutlookSession Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TotallyConfused Godaddy Microsoft exchange 2007 stopped updating Exchange Server Administration 1
S Updating the database based on received task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
S Updating between Smartphone and PC Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 10 Inbox not updating Using Outlook 3
H Gmail not updating Outlook Home Using Outlook 17
Aalishaan Outlook 2010 Updating Inbox starts again Using Outlook 0
Alex Hall When updating shared calendar, it does not automatically update personal calendar Using Outlook 3
D Updating Registry to force new task and note items to save in a particular folder Using Outlook 1
K Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Shared ICalendars are not updating in Outlook Using Outlook 2
A Updating Outlook Contact Phone Nos to international dialling codes Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2010 - Pattern for updating task owner in generic mailbox Using Outlook 2
M Constantly updating address book Using Outlook 5
B Updating Macro to OL2010/32bit Using Outlook 8
D Multiple Users Updating Custom Form At Same Time Using Outlook 1
M Updating VBA code from outlook 2007 to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Updating a recurring meeting cuses a reminder to be sent for every occurence. Using Outlook 2
C Message Count not updating Using Outlook 2
H Cannot share calendar, global address book not updating Exchange Server Administration 1
C Updating many contacts at once? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Z Updating .ics files in OUtlook 2010 Using Outlook 1