How to turn off autocorrect in contact notepads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I must have inadvertently changed a setting and can't figure out how to change it back.
What is suddenly happening lately is that I have these squiggly bluish underlines under almost everything in many of the contacts in ONE of my contact folders. Very, very odd.

When I right click is offers:
Replace direct formatting with style Normal.
And to make matters worse, I can't do the entire notepad at once. I have to do it line by line to get rid of it.
I have no idea why some of the contacts in this contact folder suddenly have an this 'direct formatting' in them.
All advice, incredibly appreciated.

Nan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Edit to the message above. Clearer explanation of what is happening.

I must have inadvertently changed a setting and can't figure out how to change it back.
What is suddenly happening lately is that I have these squiggly bluish underlines under almost everything in many of the contacts in ONE of my contact folders. Very, very odd.

"Replace direct formatting with style Normal."
"Ignore once"
"Ignore rule"

And to make matters worse, I can't do the entire notepad at once. I have to do it line by line to get rid of it. Here's what actually occurs which is the oddest thing I have ever seen in any Office apps.
I highlight all the lines of text. Let's pretend there are 10.
All 10 are underlined. I right click and get the message to replace with style normal and if I choose that, it fixed the first line and the next 2 - 10 are still underlined with the squiggly blue line.
So now I highlight lines 2 - 10 and do the process again and now line 2 is fixed but 3 - 10 are still underlined.
Bizarro.

I have no idea why some of the contacts in this contact folder suddenly have an this 'direct formatting' in them.

(FYI - the "easiest" thing I have been able to devise is really not that easy. I cut and paste into MS Word the entire notepad where it gets labeled Normal (automatically by the way so not sure why it's not "normal' while in Outlook) and then copy and paste it all back into the contact's notepad.
But I have dozens of these and it's getting tedious.
I would just really like to find out what went wrong or what changed for some of these contacts.

Again, all ideas greatly appreciated.

Nan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Edit to the message above. Clearer explanation of what is happening.

"Replace direct formatting with style Normal."
"Ignore once"
"Ignore rule"

And to make matters worse, I can't do the entire notepad at once. I have to do it line by line to get rid of it. Here's what actually occurs which is the oddest thing I have ever seen in any Office apps.
I highlight all the lines of text. Let's pretend there are 10.
All 10 are underlined. I right click and get the message to replace with style normal and if I choose that, it fixed the first line and the next 2 - 10 are still underlined with the squiggly blue line.
So now I highlight lines 2 - 10 and do the process again and now line 2 is fixed but 3 - 10 are still underlined.
Bizarro.

(FYI - the "easiest" thing I have been able to devise is really not that easy. I cut and paste into MS Word the entire notepad where it gets labeled Normal (automatically by the way so not sure why it's not "normal' while in Outlook) and then copy and paste it all back into the contact's notepad.
But I have dozens of these and it's getting tedious.
I would just really like to find out what went wrong or what changed for some of these contacts.

Again, all ideas greatly appreciated.
OK, have answer. It started happening also in an email from a company and I found the answer.
How to stop Outlook 2010 from blue-underlining all text in read messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.