Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamerand

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear all,

I need some piece of advice. I am using the following code to strip message subjects of such words, as example {EXTERNAL}", "HA:", "[Ext]", "[EXTERNAL] and so on. Location is in ThisSession of Outlook.

I use the rule such as "with specific words in the subject"and "run a script".

I use Office 2013, Exchange Server. The account is set up on two computers, one PC is working station within active directory / domain. The 2nd computer is a laptop with the same accout, out of active directory / domain.

The rule and the script works fine, the only issue, from time to time it prompts an error and stop executing teh script. This happens both either on PC or laptop. Screenshots are attached.

Sub RemoveSubjectResidual(oItem As Outlook.MailItem)

On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Dim arr As Variant, i As Long
arr = Array("FW:", "Re:", "{EXTERNAL}", "HA:", "[Ext]", "[EXTERNAL]")
For i = 0 To UBound(arr)
oItem.Subject = Replace(oItem.Subject, arr(i), "", , , vbTextCompare)
Next

oItem.Subject = Trim(oItem.Subject)
oItem.Save

Exit Sub
ErrHandler:
MsgBox "Oops, an error has occured." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Error Code : " & Err.Number & " , " & Err.Description
End Sub

Screenshot 01.png

Screenshot 02.png

This is with an Exchange account? I know imap accounts can load slow and trigger this error message on start up.

Is there any rhymn or reason to what triggers it - like only at startup, only if you received a lot of mail at once etc.

Hello Diana,

Yes, this is Exchange account. Until now I could not identify what triggers it, in certain times the error message pops-up when Outlook was already running and there incoming emails when both PC Outlook and laptop Outlook are running at the same time.

Before I used to get this type of error more often, maybe every day or every other day (both PC Outlook and laptop Outlook are running at the same time) and I used to have different rule setting. It was "on this computer only" and the rule "with specific words in the subject" was unchecked.

What I intend to do now (until next week), I will use only PC Outlook and shutdown laptop Outlook until Thursday next week, maybe two sessions of Outlook cause conflict??? Although two sessions of Outlook should not, as I launch up to three sessions of Outlook on PC with no conflict.

Dear all,

Looks like there is another reason, it tripped today again, attached is screenshot. Only PC was running, laptop was off. I cannot understand what tripped it, although there was an incoming reading confirmation and I have opened reminder window with pending tasks. Could either of these be a cause for trigger of the above mentioned?

Sreenshot.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
P [SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject Using Outlook 16
D Remove text in subject using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Chancing / remove “ something ” in the subject, online archive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
F VB Script, remove text from subject line when forwarding Using Outlook 22
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
E Remove flag automatically Using Outlook 4
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Timmon Remove just one attachment before AutoForward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
O Remove duplicates within two accounts Using Outlook 2
D How to remove a folder, option grayed out Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2016 remove envelope icon for certain folders Using Outlook 5
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
P Add, remove, & reorder folder pane Using Outlook 6
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N How to remove signature formatting from Text in Word (accidentally taken from Outlook) Using Outlook 0
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
J Remove text to Clean Up Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Automatically Forward Emails and Remove/Replace All or Part of Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
T Remove Old Location From Tasks Pane Using Outlook 1
A remove or turn off outlook.com contact folder from outlook 2016 Using Outlook 4
Morgan Fowler Remove Signature Using Outlook 1
M How to remove a list of specific contacts from Outlook Using Outlook 18
R New Links on Navigation Pane, How to Remove? Using Outlook 1
M VBA to remove deferred delivery on a MeetingItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Remove extra line above signature in reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky How to Remove RSS Support from Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Remove Attachments From Messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Remove Office 2013 Update Banner Using Outlook 0
O Remove duplicate mail items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Diane Poremsky Remove a password from an Outlook *.pst File Using Outlook 3
G VBA/Macro to remove page colour when replying or forwarding email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Fake reminder apperaring (not in calendar) - how to remove? Using Outlook 5
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
A Auto Insert of filename when selecting 'Remove Attachment' Using Outlook 1
C how to remove icons on right hand side outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
P Remove name and parenthses from email Using Outlook 1
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky How to remove the primary account from Outlook 2010/2013 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Remove an Address from Reply All Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Remove Outlook apps from Outlook Using Outlook 0