Email not going to address displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook Office 365 local: So far only had this issue where both spouses were previously on the same contact and then later one was added to a new spouse only contact. Probably left the original joint contact alone, but not sure.

When sending emails to the spouse (second person listed originally) the send box of the email displays joint names. When clicked on, the correct spouse email address (second one listed originally) shows correct intended recipient address. Same thing afterwards when clicking on the sent mail.

The problem is that all of half a dozen emails sent to the secondary spouse email address actually went to the primary spouse email address. (Corruption seemed to exist in the portal version of Outlook, but wouldn't swear to that.) The secondary spouse doesn't use forwarding.

I had cleared all cached addresses.

Only way I could fix was deleted every contact related to the two spouses and adding them back with unique names.

If i didn't have a bunch of add-ons configured, I'd create a new profile and hope that prevents it from happening again.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Diane, three or four hours and 3 MS techs later, I was going to agree with you.

But now I'm feeling it's a wierd interaction between an add-in and autocomplete that's causing the problem.

Maybe a combo of corrupted autocomplete and an add-in.

Problem is only with contacts that have a "secondary" address (ie. home or spouse) for which I use autocomplete to select.

Sent mail shows the address I thought I had selected. Trace mail shows it went to the primary email, which in fact it did.

I could swear one of the first things I tested was disabling all add-ins, but maybe not. Because just now I disabled all add-ins, and voila mail trace showed mail went to the correct (secondary email address for that contact).

Sending via autocomplete from Outlook cloud sent correctly. Could see that in the mail trace I ran from Office 365, Admin portal.

Deleting profile on problem pc by itself did not help.

I'll try to find another guinea pig to test by enabling add-ins, one by one.

Len

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
problem continues with other mail recipients that have more than one email address. No matter what shows before sending, always goes to primary address.

Active Add-Ins:
Acrobat PDFMaker
FileCenter
MessageExport
Microsoft Exchange
OnenNote Notes about Outlook
SafeSend_10
SendGuard for Outlook
VBOffice Category Manager
X1 Outlook RTI Addin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Emails suddenly going to the Junk email folder Exchange Server Administration 3
H new incoming email going to CONTACTS folder?!? Using Outlook 2
D First email in outbox not going through in Outlook 2007; additional emails do get sent Using Outlook 10
G when going from email to email there can be a 5 to 10 second hang. Using Outlook 5
B outlook is preventing out going comcast email for potentially problem attachment__ Using Outlook 2
J Have lost the contact list from my main email account as the PC keeps going to hotmail account Using Outlook 6
G How Do I Keep Outlook 2010 From Going Back To The Inbox After I Delete A Email Using Outlook 2
C Email's are going to the outbox and not sending??!!! Using Outlook 1
J my personal folder has an inbox, where my incoming email is going, rather than to my actual email account. Using Outlook 3
P Incoming email is disappearing and not going to inbox or any other folder. Using Outlook 2
C Most new email is going into the Bulk Mail folder... Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? New Slipstick.com Articles 6
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How can we view Blocked email addresses Using Outlook 6
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0