Add birthdays to calendar

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have birthdays and anniversaries defined for a number of contacts, but they do not show up on my calendar. Is there something else I need to do? Did I accidentally delete/remove them? If so, how can I get them back?

I am using Outlook 2007, bit I also have a Office 365 account and get email through exchange.

Thanks

Lewis-H

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Add a birthday event
  1. At the bottom of the page, select to go to Calendar.
  2. In the left pane, right-click Birthday calendar and select New birthday.
  3. Enter the person's name and birth date, and select Create.
Hope this helps you!
Regards,
Lewis

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If the contacts have the birthdates, they are added to the calendar automatically but if you imported the contacts or deleted the events, they wouldn't be created/recreated. If this is the case you can use a macro to recreate the linked events.

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Add a birthday event
  1. At the bottom of the page, select to go to Calendar.
  2. In the left pane, right-click Birthday calendar and select New birthday.
  3. Enter the person's name and birth date, and select Create.
Hope this helps you!
Regards,
Lewis
I have the calendar open, but I don't see any Birthday Calendar in the left pane or anywhere else. My left pane contains:
  • A snapshot of the next 6 months (2x3 array)
  • A field entitled My Calendars. Under that there are two entries: Calendar and Blank calendar.
  • A field entitled Other Calendars. Clicking on that does nothing and there is no drop down icon.
  • A field entitled Peoples Calendars. It has 6 entries:
    • How to share a calendar
    • Open a shared calendar
    • Share my calendar
    • Send a calendar via E-mail
    • Publish my calendar
    • Add a new group
That's it.

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If the contacts have the birthdates, they are added to the calendar automatically but if you imported the contacts or deleted the events, they wouldn't be created/recreated. If this is the case you can use a macro to recreate the linked events.
I checked several contacts. They do have birthdates on the Details page, but they do not show up on the Calendar.

I tried adding a new contact and including a birthdate of tomorrow (11/21). I got a message saying that the item must be saved. When I did, I got an error message saying "Cannot save free/busy information". When I reopened the contact, the birthday was there, but not on the calendar.

I tried it after closing the calendar, but got the same result.

I'm using Outlook 2007.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have the calendar open, but I don't see any Birthday Calendar in the left pane or anywhere else. My left pane contains:
  • A snapshot of the next 6 months (2x3 array)
  • A field entitled My Calendars. Under that there are two entries: Calendar and Blank calendar.
  • A field entitled Other Calendars. Clicking on that does nothing and there is no drop down icon.
  • A field entitled Peoples Calendars. It has 6 entries:
    • How to share a calendar
    • Open a shared calendar
    • Share my calendar
    • Send a calendar via E-mail
    • Publish my calendar
    • Add a new group
That's it.
The Birthday calendar is in outlook.com accounts and the option on the click is only in outlook on the web - it's not an option in Outlook desktop software.

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
edit the date of the existing contacts (either change the birthdate or add an anniversary) - do you get the save free/busy error message?
Yep. I added a birthdate and got the message. The birthdate was added to the contact, but not the calendar.

Interestingly, the birthdates were added to the task list. When I created a temporary contact and assigned it a birthdate of today, I immediately got a reminder of that birthdate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
B Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
M Automatically add senders first name to a greeting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
B Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1
M Ignore slow add-ins Using Outlook 0
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Add, remove, & reorder folder pane Using Outlook 6
L Tired of Outlook disabling Adobe PDF Creator add-in Using Outlook 1
R Add 'Company' to Select Names Form Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2016 Web add-in missing on some machines Using Outlook 9
P Syncing problems with add-ins Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
BretAB Is it possible to add a lookup field to a Message form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a way to add something that is in the "Format Text" tab to the "basic Text" on the message tab Using Outlook 1
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Macro to add date/time stamp to subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Outlook on Android - add BCC Using Outlook 2
J Execute Add-In Button from VBA Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
B When I add more search strings to RULES, it is not processing them Using Outlook 3
D Add Tetxbox at form open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Andrew Quirl Open attachment, manipulate without add-on program? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Searching for a Add-In Using Outlook 3
J Add Fillable Fields to Existing Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J vb to c# for Outlook add-in. Using Outlook 0
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook add-in to create new contact from an email. Using Outlook 0
twofivepie GTD Netcentrics add-in for 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
D Add all meeting rooms to the meeting request by default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A add birthday to outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
Tanja Östrand Outlook 2016 - Create Macro button to add text in Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K add pdf to every reply or forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0