Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Hyman

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I use a number of calendar feeds to bring tasks in from my CRM but Outlook randomly puts multiple instances of them in the Calendar Folder pane. Attempting to open results in a "the operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted" message until I get to the latest instance of the calendar. This happens whether the calendars are entered through Account Settings or through Add Calendar on the Calendar view. The calendars are being added in this format webcal://xxxxxxxxx.com/service/calendar/153b60291b3515573b65745a7b8400b3/tasks.ics

Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Are they duplicated in Account Settings? Although its a PITA if you have a lot of folder on Favorites, I would start with the resetnavpane switch. This rebuilds the navigation pane -if the dupes are caused by a corrupt nav pane, this should fix it.

Close Outlook. Right-click on the Start button and choose Run or press Windows key + R to open the Run command. Type or paste the following into the Open field and press Enter or click OK to restart Outlook. (There is a space before /.)

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

Note: This will wipe out all folders on Favorites in Mail module and reset the Calendar and Contacts modules to the default format.

Thanks for quick response. They are not duplicated in Account Settings. Something else I should have mentioned is that I have Outlook on 3 different computers and the same thing happens on each of them.
I will try the resetnavpane idea and get back to you
BTW: Many of your posts have been incredibly helpful to me, it is great to actually correspond with you,

Unfortunately that hasn't fixed things. I did resetnavpane and deleted all instances of the calendars. I then added the 3 calendars through account settings, around 4 hours ago. The picture below shows the 3 calendars in twice and a calendar I deleted some time ago (highlighted) between them.
The other pi
Calendar Folder Pane.png
cture shows the Internet Calendars in settings
InternetCalendarsAccountSettings.png
en them

I missed that they were internet calendars. Switch to the Folder list - Ctrl+6 - are the calendars repeated in the internet calendars data file?

I've seen this happen with gmail calendars - you can try the cleansharing switch but its a "killer" - it removes all RSS, Internet Calendar, and SharePoint subscriptions from Account Settings. This does not delete content previously downloaded to your computer, it only removes the subscription - and you may end up with duplicates after you add everything back that it deleted.

I really don't like using it and I'm not 100% sure it will fix your problem - so only use it if these are the only sharing things you have. Deleting the internet calendars pst might do more to fix the problem.

Windows key + R, then type Outlook.exe /cleansharing (space before /)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky Publishing Calendars on the Internet or an Intranet Using Outlook 0
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
B How to get ALL Internet headers in Outlook desktop? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Internet Mail Issues with Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to View Internet Headers Using Outlook 0
oliv- Get to: from internet Header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts over the Internet Using Outlook 0
O No Internet Header Properties Using Outlook 2
R Using Internet Calendar in Outlook 2007 within Citrix Using Outlook 1
M Sharing of BCM database across the internet BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
G Creating an Outlook Rule using Internet Header time Using Outlook 1
J Emails in outlook and internet history logging Using Outlook 1
D Deleting internet calendar on one computer removes it from all computers Using Outlook 2
A webinar.ics is not a valid Internet Calendar file Using Outlook 1
M Time Zone Problems with Internet Calendar Using Outlook 20
M How to set exchange calendar as default when combining with Internet calendar Using Outlook 2
K message.vcs is not a valid Internet calendar file !! Exchange Server Administration 5
S possible to access my PST file on the Internet Using Outlook 2
J Internet images embed when pasted in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Error when updating Internet Calendar Subscriptions Using Outlook 12
D Internet Calendar Subscriptions.pst bloating file size.... Using Outlook 2
I Exchange 2010 Receives But Does Not Send Email To Internet Exchange Server Administration 35
R Why Internet headers empty? Exchange Server Administration 2
B Synchronise With Internet Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
J RE: Internet Faxing with Outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
B Sharing Outlook calendars gone wrong Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
D Sharing outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Sharing calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
C Sync Calendars using WiFI Using Outlook 3
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
L Calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
A Helping OL remember which calendars were selected Using Outlook 6