Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia_P

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I’m looking for someone who may be able to help with a little issue we are encountering and as yet, I can’t find anyone who can sort this.. I
Here goes.
We have an export of our database as a .csv and we would like to import it into Contacts for Birthdays in Outlook.
Many years ago, I used to import all the birthdays into Calendar direct by mapping the custom field to All Day event, use the code for free/busy and it would all work brilliantly. After change their DOB year to the current year, of course.

Then for some reason, the all day events would wrap over two days.
Not in OWA.
Just in outlook and on iphone/smartphones.

Then Outlook invented Birthdays so I thought, great, I’ll just import into there. Surely that’s the answer?
No.
When I import into Calendar and put the Birthday into All Day Event
All the birthdays are appearing the day behind.

Exchange server is set to New Zealand Time.
Our mail travels via O365.

I’m at a loss as to why 4/4/2020 (4 April 2020) in excel is importing into 3 April 2020.
Any thoughts?

Hi Diane, thank you. Yes the timezone is correct in OWA too. See how you go. Thanks, Alexia

Hi Diane, I have an update for you.
I've found that when I enter birthdays manually into Outlook Contacts, if I enter the date of birth 5/08/1950 (5th August 1950), it appears in the Birthday calendar, just as we'd all like. One day. Perfect.

However, when I import a spreadsheet of these details, Outlook changes this import to Sat 5/08/1950 and therefore, the import does not appear in the Birthday calendar at all.

If I open the Contact and go to Details and delete 'Sat' it doesn't delete from the screen, however, the Birthday now appears in the Birthday calendar.

Try it, you'll be surprised.

Thanks,
Alexia

Hi again,
Ok, so I went back to the .csv and I changed the date format from *5/08/1950 to 5/08/1950 and they all imported and I can see them all on the birthday calendar. Excellent! HOWEVER, THEY ARE ALL A DAY OUT. So the birthday above now says 4/08/1950 on my iPhone. This is so incredibly frustrating...

Also, the Birthdays are not showing in Outlook Birthday calendar. Only in iPhone Birthdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jennifer Murphy Add birthdays to calendar Using Outlook 7
S Outlook.com birthdays show up 1 day late on iPhone contacts list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
avant-guvnor Export Calendar, Birthdays and Holidays Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
oliv- .RESTRICT returning birthdays regardless of the filtering date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
E Birthdays & Holidays in ICloud, how to restore them to Outlook Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 change birthdays from all day to specific time Using Outlook 1
B [outlook-users] Re: Why have I gotten to many "reminders" for birthdays that "occurred" on Jan. 1??? Using Outlook 3
Commodore Contacts & birthdays Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
T exporting contacts names reversed in CSV file Using Outlook 8
A Pivot Table to CSV File - VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
R Correct a wrong csv export file from WLM 2012 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2013/365 won't export 99% of my contacts to csv Using Outlook 2
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
LarryH Importing csv file to custom form/fields? Using Outlook 3
O Importing contacts from CSV, comma delimited Using Outlook 7
wallisellener BCM 2013 importing contacts from CSV file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
B BCM 2010: Exporting Notes to .CSV with Business Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E Macro to export BCM business data to CSV file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Export selected contacts to a .csv Using Outlook 2
M Error Messages when exporting Outlook 2010 Contacts to a CSV (DOS) or Excel Using Outlook 2
L Cannot sync Calendar to iphone. Cannot export to CSV. Cannot view as Table. Using Outlook 3
K Importing CSV contacts- doesnt allow me to map or move forward V 2007 Using Outlook 1
M how to save incoming mail in TRUE csv format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Code that Runs nightly to export folder into a csv Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Import Calendar appointments from CSV file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5