Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string

Post number 2 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDumDummy

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I want to create VBA that will:
  • iterate through the OneNoteURL UDF, replacing any occurrence of "%20" with a space
  • execute on task creation, or for selected Outlook tasks
I've created 3x UDF's that I've created as formula, from the "Field Chooser".

These 3x fields are populated by parsing the "OneNoteURL" UDF, grabbing the Notebook, Section Group (If there is one), and Section from the OneNoteURL string.

In OneNote, I have "spaces" in the OneNote fields:
  1. Notebook names;
  2. Section names; and
  3. Section Group names (if created).

The Outlook Task are created from OneNote, the generated hyperlink replaces the "spaces" with "%20" within the OneNoteURL string.

Ideally. OneNoteURL: onenote:https:/...../%20Example%20Notebook/This,%20is%20Bananas/EVM.one#section-id=.....

would output

UDF1: Example Notebook
UDF2: This is Bananas
UDF3: EVM

I've been using underscores ("_") in lieu of "spaces". A shameful work around...I want those "spaces", it feels much easier navigating my Notebooks with them.

I haven't touched VBA since my first year uni...circa 1999...I've been trying to crash some learning. I've spent several hours trying to learn, and understand...without success

I am lost,
I'm struggling,
I'm about ready to throw the whole works out my window, and into the harbour.

Any advise, or guidance is more than welcome

Please help,
BigDumDummy

I want to create VBA that will:
  • iterate through the OneNoteURL UDF, replacing any occurrence of "%20" with a space
  • execute on task creation, or for selected Outlook tasks
I've created 3x UDF's that I've created as formula, from the "Field Chooser".

These 3x fields are populated by parsing the "OneNoteURL" UDF, grabbing the Notebook, Section Group (If there is one), and Section from the OneNoteURL string.

In OneNote, I have "spaces" in the OneNote fields:
  1. Notebook names;
  2. Section names; and
  3. Section Group names (if created).

The Outlook Task are created from OneNote, the generated hyperlink replaces the "spaces" with "%20" within the OneNoteURL string.

Ideally. OneNoteURL: onenote:https:/...../%20Example%20Notebook/This,%20is%20Bananas/EVM.one#section-id=.....

would output

UDF1: Example Notebook
UDF2: This is Bananas
UDF3: EVM

I've been using underscores ("_") in lieu of "spaces". A shameful work around...I want those "spaces", it feels much easier navigating my Notebooks with them.

I haven't touched VBA since my first year uni...circa 1999...I've been trying to crash some learning. I've spent several hours trying to learn, and understand...without success

I am lost,
I'm struggling,
I'm about ready to throw the whole works out my window, and into the harbour.

Any advise, or guidance is more than welcome

Please help,
BigDumDummy

I'm an absolute moron, and was misusing the "replace" function. I solved my own problem, seconds after posting.

replace([custStrOnenote],"%20"," ")

I'm leaving this up so all can see my shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook VBA: Use a Text File to Populate a ListBox Using Outlook 0
A Populate Excel from Outlook Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Pre populate subject + body + attachment to already open email in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G Populate an Outlook 2007 template with spreadsheet data. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J populate word template from Outlook custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Populate Listbox from Txt File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Populate Textbox from Txt File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Adding Macro to populate "to" "subject" "body" not deleting email string below. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
J Live Meeting Location populate from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A How can I populate a dropdown list? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment Using Outlook 1
A Cannot populate IMAP folders Using Outlook 1
S Populate textbox values from one form to another form. Using Outlook 0
B Auto Populate From Field Using Outlook 3
R Populate Form with appointments from Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Populate BCC field with all Contacts within a Contact Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Create new Contacts folder and populate it from Access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Macro - Open new message, populate from and subject fields, and message text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Macro: Create New Message and Auto populate To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S populate body with Word data Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
L how to populate multiple users contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
A Populate task field based on value of other field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8