Re-enable the junk mail notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmill15

I have a user in our exchange environment that disabled his junk mail notification. Is there a way to get this to pop back up? I can't seem to find a setting to re-enable this notification for the junk mail folder. Is there a registry hack that would force it to pop up again maybe?

This is exactly what I was looking for. I have looked online for 2 days to find just this answer. Thank you very much.

I was following this steps, but I don't have "PONT_STRING" in this registry key. Should I add "PONT_STRING" without any numbers?

I have Windows 7 x64 with Outlook 2010 32bit.

The pont_string key is added only after you disable one of the dialogs.

Try this: use the conversation view (enable on the View ribbon) then select and delete a conversations (and all the messages in it). You should get a dialog telling you that you are deleting the conversation with the don't show again checkbox. Check it and click OK then look in the registry. Do you see the pont_string key now?

If you don't get the dialog, then you have the pont_string key with at least the value for that dialog (it's 75 or 78, I forget exactly offhand)
(Use Ctrl+Z to undo or retrieve it from the deleted items folder.)

The dialog looks like this:
do-not-show-again.png

The pont_string key is added only after you disable one of the dialogs.

Try this: use the conversation view (enable on the View ribbon) then select and delete a conversations (and all the messages in it). You should get a dialog telling you that you are deleting the conversation with the don't show again checkbox. Check it and click OK then look in the registry. Do you see the pont_string key now?

Yes, after this I can see the pont_string key with only one value: 78.

It is clear that I have no "37" value in pont_string, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it means, that now I should get the message every time some junk email comes to "Junk email" folder and there is no exception for this?

That is strange, because I don't remember to see this message even once while on this moment I have few emails in "Junk emails" folder.

Thanks for help anyway.

If you only have the key after not showing that dialog, then that key is not your problem. :)

Oh, you have Outlook 2010. The junk dialog doesn't come up with Outlook 2010 (at least not with Exchange accounts). It's not one of the options in the group policy for junk mail settings either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G To enable/disable Allow New Time proposals Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
Peter H Williams Enable script containing VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Mail-enable Exchange Public Folders Using Outlook 0
soadfan Enable all rules from toolbar button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive Using Outlook 0
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive Using Outlook 6
G VBA code to enable a rule based on time of day for a IMAP mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
K Macro won't consistently re-enable Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Sarge USMC how do I enable hyperlinks in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
A how to install or enable categories in OL 2013 for calendar and contacts Using Outlook 5
D How do I mail-enable a Public Folder Sub-folder in exchnage 2007 using shell ? Exchange Server Administration 0
H enable textboxes and buttons from received email Using Outlook 1
D How To Enable Undo in Outlook 2007 Tasks Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010: How do you enable Contacts' Activities to search archive folders Using Outlook 6
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
C How do I enable a link in an e-mail in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 4
A how to enable macro for addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Enable Sonicwall Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How do I enable administrator access in Business Contact Manager? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S How to enable scripts to run in a custom form which is forwarded ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K How do I eliminate the "Enable Macro" selection? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
C Eliminate need for "Enable Macro" selection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J Office Ultimate- My outlook doesn't have BCM, how do I enable? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
J Why are my Junk options shown as slashed off Using Outlook 6
Jay Freedman Outlook forgets "not junk" marking Using Outlook 0
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
J how to stop junk emails from *.onmicrosoft.com ? Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
Retired Geek Junk Folder Clean Up Rules Exchange Server Administration 1
I Junk Mail and PersonMetadata Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2016 Junk E-Mails Using Outlook 5
J Junk mail doesn't work Using Outlook 3
T New Account Shows No Junk Mail Folfer Using Outlook 0
T Probem with junk mail folder in new account in Outlook Using Outlook 0
C Why can junk mail be from one’s own email address? Using Outlook 7
M junk mail folder Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Junk Mail Filtering in Outlook Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2010 sending safe senders email to junk box Using Outlook 8
K Emails stuck in 'Junk' folder Using Outlook 0
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6