How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items?

Would you use a "Include All Outlook Folders" button?

• Yes

• No

• I Already Have A More Efficient Way Of Handling This

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Technostud

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Outlook Desktop 2016

There is a button on the ribbon called "Include Deleted Items." When performing a search, I love being able to toggle this on and off without having to dig into Search Options.

How can we add the same type of button to search “All of Outlook,” including Junk Email and Conflicts folders? I can navigate to those folders individually and "Search Current Folder." However, sometimes I just want to include those folders in a search by toggling a button on the Ribbon.

It should be noted that performing the search "Include All Outlook Items" is deceiving because it does NOT include all Outlook folders since Junk Email and Conflicts are excluded from the search. Clearly "Include All Outlook Items" means that it theoretically searches Contact, Mail, Task Items, etc. However, there needs to be a “Include All Outlook Folders” as a search method.

Include Deleted Items Button.png

There is no option to search those folders - you'll need to do them individually. Conflicts shouldn't be a problem - if you find something that has a conflict, it should indicate that. But junk mail is a different story - you'll need to do that separately.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected might be the case. I have added a suggestion to Outlook's UserVoice page.

I notice from time to time when the Search Index is not complete, there is an option at the bottom of the search results to "Find More Items." When I click that, Outlook seems to bypass the index and includes all of my folders. That's essentially what I'm looking for. The problem is that I can only invoke that function when the Search Index is not complete. Is there a command to run a search without the index? I want the Index 95% of the time, just like I don't want to "Include Deleted Items" 95% of the time. It's that other 5% of the time that I'd love to click a button to cast my search wider. If there is no button, is there a macro that can be written to "Search Without Index" if I want to expand the results of a search I've run to include Junk Email and Conflicts?

No on the macro. It sounds like it is using the old, slow native outlook search - it can be turned off and on, but is a few steps. If you use the registry, i think you will need to restart outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Auto Forward - Include Attachment and change Subject depending on original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Q Undisclosed recipients does not include sender Using Outlook 1
J Forward Message after editing attachments and include edited attachments Using Outlook 5
B Auto reply using macro include original email Using Outlook 4
smokiibear How to modify Today Page to Include tasks from other task folders Using Outlook 1
K Want to include Sent emails in the Inbox Using Outlook 1
P Amend external calendar entries to include internal resources Using Outlook 1
C Include additional contact folders in user's Outlook Address Book centrally by Exchange Server Administration 4
S macro to include email signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Include calculations in the lookup function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
J Why are my Junk options shown as slashed off Using Outlook 6
Jay Freedman Outlook forgets "not junk" marking Using Outlook 0
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
J how to stop junk emails from *.onmicrosoft.com ? Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
Retired Geek Junk Folder Clean Up Rules Exchange Server Administration 1
I Junk Mail and PersonMetadata Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2016 Junk E-Mails Using Outlook 5
J Junk mail doesn't work Using Outlook 3
T New Account Shows No Junk Mail Folfer Using Outlook 0
T Probem with junk mail folder in new account in Outlook Using Outlook 0
C Why can junk mail be from one’s own email address? Using Outlook 7
M junk mail folder Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Junk Mail Filtering in Outlook Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2010 sending safe senders email to junk box Using Outlook 8
K Emails stuck in 'Junk' folder Using Outlook 0
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6
S Outlook.com - Junk files Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Not junk email Using Outlook 3
lotsbg Loads of junk in second email needs fixing Using Outlook 1
7 Macro to mark message as junk and delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G filtering email with missing TLD to Junk Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
R Outlook - alternatives to Rules / Junk? Using Outlook 5
Z OL2007 - is there a way to disable the "feature" that cripples mails that are in the "junk" folder? Using Outlook 37
B How do I REALLY disable Outlook Junk E-mail sorting in OL2010 and/or 2013? Using Outlook 1
A After receiving the same email 3 times, Outlook starts sending it to junk Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 junk mail Using Outlook 4
mrje1 Junk Options - Safe Lists not working. Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2013 Junk Mail Filters Using Outlook 0
L My junk email folder has disappeared - Using Outlook 0
Commodore Junk Mail filtering and IMAP Using Outlook 3
D Junk Mail filter Using Outlook 1