Increasing the number of items that appear on the Categories list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technostud

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Maybe I'm hallucinating, but for a brief period after a recent Outlook 2016 for Desktop update, it seems like I had more than 15 Categories to choose from when clicking on the Categorize ribbon button. I understand that I can click "All Categories," but I'm looking for a way for more of my recently used Categories to appear when I click "Categorize" on the ribbon. I would like to avoid the extra step of opening “All Categories.” With my monitor's resolution, I could easily fit 30 recently used Categories on my screen.

On a similar subject, I would also like more of my "Move" destinations to appear from the "Move" button, but I saw a thread from back in 2014 that was not possible yet. I'm curious if there have been any workarounds developed for that.

There are 3rd party addins that can show all categories - but you can't change it in outlook. The list has always been 15 - but during an early beta (I think for office 2010) they used a gallery and more displayed under some circumstances.

On a similar subject, I would also like more of my "Move" destinations to appear from the "Move" button, but I saw a thread from back in 2014 that was not possible yet. I'm curious if there have been any workarounds developed for that.
oh, and on this, no, you can't change the number of folders on the MRU. if you use a folder move to a lot, create a quick step for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Y Outlook indexing items increasing, indexation never finishes Using Outlook 1
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
W The number one raw material applied in producing the duvet, is clean and slight to your pores Using Outlook 0
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
F How to create phone number as links in notes of Contacts Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2016 Outlook Requesting Phone Number??? Using Outlook 1
C Calculating Week Number into a TextBox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O How to display number of items per .pst file Using Outlook 7
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
I Identify Number of email messages opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J Saving attachments from specific sender (phone number) to specific folder on hard drive Using Outlook 3
J How to Fix “Encounter a large number of conflict items in Exchange OST file” Using Outlook 2
S Subject add ticket number from URL query Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Add a file number or keyword to the subject line of messages Using Outlook 0
K Append subjectline based on number Using Outlook 4
B ...administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
snhnic Macro that does not overwrite but add a number Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Outlook 2007 Fix Phone Number Using Outlook 19
A Calendar List View Showing Week Number Using Outlook 1
neobite Maximum number of Exchange accounts in an Outlook profile Using Outlook 4
P Country name no longer shows in Phone number popup? Using Outlook 5
Edaniels Adding Week Number on Calender Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 Phone Number Format Using Outlook 0
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
D Journal problem recording correct phone number Using Outlook 7
A Assign a unique number to every message I send Using Outlook 0
S Outlook - Reset the number of day-events Using Outlook 0
Z assign unique number email Using Outlook 8
M Automatically highlight unread mail in Favorites inbox(s) (Blue number) Using Outlook 1
D Journal to show Phone Number dialled. Using Outlook 3
B Llimit the number of people accepting one of the "pick a date" meeting Using Outlook 1
O BCM 2010 - Customize a field with a consecutive number? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Change length of phone number in contacts Using Outlook 5
R printing custom number of calendar days in weekly view format Using Outlook 1
J Ho do I hide the week number on the Calendar Printing Assistant template Using Outlook 4
S Persistent nuisance number Using Outlook 4
A Need method to rapidly correct telephone contact telephone number formatting Using Outlook 1
R NUMBER Format Using Outlook 0
M Mail in HTML format can't be sent if url or number is in the body Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
A How do I get Outlook to stop adding a "+1" in front of a telephone number that has an extension. Using Outlook 13
S Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Outlood phone number default choices. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S changing number sort BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D create auto number field in task form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Need leading zero for month number is less than 10 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook Web App - calendar week number is incorrect Exchange Server Administration 6
S [O2007] -> How to search for a string in the body and get the line number? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How do I get the version number of the Setup project? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA code to show today's date + a sequencial number in subject lin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1