Append subjectline based on number

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have no idea is this is even possible, let alone how to do it, but thought this would be so helpful if I could implement this.

Myself and a colleague received 200-300 emails 5 times a year that have a unique number in the subject line, which we have to look off an excel spreadsheet to identify the corresponding school and add that school's name to the beginning of the subject line.

Is there some sort of script that might do the grunt work for us?

Somewhere in the range of 105 schools.
The data is in an workbook.

Is this doable with the above numbers?

Yeah, it should be - it might be a little slow as a macro, but is doable. And if you only need it running a few times a year, speed may not be an issue. I just haven't had time to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
L Transport rule - append disclaimer Exchange Server Administration 1
C Save outlook attachments and rename/append files with identifier from subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D How to append text to a redirected message Using Outlook 3
H PRF with OverwriteProfile=Append Is overwriting other settings Using Outlook 2
M Append text to (formatted) body of Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
whizzard Change FROM address based on TO or CC address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Macro to Filter Based on Latest Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Macro to file emails into subfolder based on subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Implement Keywords based on body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook Template - textbox visible based on combobox selection Using Outlook 1
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
geoffnoakes Outlook 2016 Searching based on CreationTime Using Outlook 3
V Change start time based on message duration Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Move email items based on a list of email addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 40
Andrew Quirl Custom form to route requests based on input criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Conditional Formatting based on Department of person received from? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Office 365 cloud based rules Using Outlook 1
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
icacream Rule based on sender / wrong sender sent to folder Using Outlook 7
D Moving Emails Based on Recipient/Sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Update subject based on text in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Sort emails into subfolders based on sender and deleting emails automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Move new mail to folder based on sender address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Addition of 2 fields based on checkboc true or false Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Add attachments to appointment based on field values Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Automatically send email based on drop-down field? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
ashcosta2 Auto Reply rule based on speficied time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Outlook script to forward emails based on senders' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I vba scrip to move emails based on long keywords list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I outlook rule keywords based on list Using Outlook 0
C Auto Add a PDF to an outgoing Email, based on a rule Using Outlook 2
D How to Run a Report Based on Age of Inbox Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Autoforward emails to different contacts based on certain criteria using only one rule Using Outlook 1
J Group email messages based upon information in InfoBar Using Outlook 0
D Delete previous email based on arrival of new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Send email from excel based on a condition (outlook 2007) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
bifjamod Saving sent email to specific folder based on category with wildcard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Tech Checkers Make Outlook add Contact Card Address in Location Field based on Appointment Subject Name. Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2010 – Send email based on categories Using Outlook 2