Outlook Shared Folder setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl D

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Please forgive me if this has been outlined in another threat but it was not in any that I could find.

I have setup a shared subfolder by following the steps outlined here:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp

I want the group I am sharing with to see the email moved into the folder as unread, so they know to address the matter. Unfortunately, by default (possibly unable to modify), outlook will mark the email as read as soon as anyone reads it. The problem being, if one person I share it with reads it, the others will not notice there is an email to be read.

Is there any way to have it so that it will only be marked as read on the personal machine of the person who read it?

This may be a little confusing please let me know if you need me to clarify further.

No, its not pssible with shared mailbox folders - when you share a folder in your mailbox there is one view for everyone. If you use a public folder, you can set it to use read/unread state of each user. This would require public folders enabled in your organization, which isn't always the case anymore.

Okay, there is another method I have come up with but once again have trouble with. I can flag the email as a follow up item and let it be unflagged once completed. Unfortunately, even when I give the users permissions that allow them to edit the folder, they cannot mark it as completed. Is there something I am missing?

# 1 Click "Mail" in the navigation pane on the left side of the Outlook window.

# 2 Right click "Mailbox - your name" and then select "Sharing."

# 3 Click "Add." Select the name from the list of the person you are giving permission to, then click "Add."

# 4 Select the person from the list and change the permission level to "Reviewer" if you only want to give that person permission to view items in your folders. If you want to give permission to change items in your folders then set the permission level to "Editor." Click "OK."

# 5 Right click the folder which you are giving the person permission to view or edit, then select "Sharing."

# 6 Click "Add." Select the name from the list of the person you are giving permission to, then under Add Users click "Add."

# 7 Select the person's name from the list, then change the Permission Level to reviewer or editor deending on the permissions you want to allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P Macro to attach a file in a shared Outlook draft folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H Move outlook emails >90 days to shared drive (Desktop) Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Can't Remove Shared Contacts Folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2003 - Using Folder Assistant on Shared mailbox Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
D Outlook macros to create meeting on shared calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C Outlook Shared Calendar Using Outlook 1
K Other Shared Calendar on Outlook cannot change items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Open Shared Mailboxes in Outlook on the Web Using Outlook 0
D Reminders in Outlook shared calendar Using Outlook 2
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Creating an "isolated" shared calendar in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Excel to Shared Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
E Searching a Shared Outlook Mailbox from the start menu? Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2010 32-bit Shared folders Using Outlook 1
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
T Cannot Delete a contact in Outlook Shared Contact List Using Outlook 0
N Outlook user with 13 shared mailboxes open in profile Using Outlook 1
J Shared ICalendars are not updating in Outlook Using Outlook 2
A Shared Calendar Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
R View who sent on behalf of a shared mailbox in Outlook sent items Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010, multiple shared mailboxes, reminder nightmare Using Outlook 4
M outlook shared calendar data export to excel sheet Using Outlook 1
C Permissions in Shared Task Folders (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
C Viewing all Shared Tasks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
I Shared Contacts in Outlook 2010 and Exchange Server 2010 Using Outlook 4
M Searching Outllook 2010 shared contacts from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
A Outlook - Shared Calender Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Reminders for a Shared Calendar Using Outlook 9
S Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar Using Outlook 8
S __Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot initialize Microsoft Office shared utilities.____ Using Outlook 4
G How to deploy Outlook Shared add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Create appointment to custom (shared) outlook calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2