how to set contact custom form as default contact form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn_ako

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
how to set contact custom form as default contact form? im using outlook 2010. please help. thanks

FinDir

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Once a new contact form has been created and published, I have set as default form. However, when I enter a new contact in the new default form, save and close, then reopen to view it is the original default outlook form. How can I adjust the actual look of the general tab for all contacts?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The General tab is not configurable, but if you use a custom form to create a contact, it should 'stick' when you re-open the contact. If you want to apply a custom form to existing items, you need to use a program called DocMessageclass to change the items to the new form.

savvas

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
how about doing it programmatically by vba or Visual studio interop.
I mean I found some solutions that involve registry but i wonder if there is a simpler way
also found that the solutions need CDO which is not combatible with MS-Outlook 2010

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can change the form used on an existing item using a macro or a utility - as log as you are using 32bit office, docmessageclass utility will do it, 64bit needs to use a macro or a utility written for 64bit.

Michael Bauer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
You can also change the default form used for a folder by VBA. The value is stored in the PR_DEF_POST_MSGCLASS_W property. Since Outlook 2007 you can access it by the PropertyAccessor object, so no need for CDO 1.21.

Status
Not open for further replies.