All e mails seem to be getting blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
a few days ago, i stopped getting emails that were being fetched by outlook 2010. Then i added another acct and they're all getting blocked. funny thing is that i'll be working and see the flag for a new e mail show up in the lower right hand corner for a second and then dissapear (the way outlook 2010 does) but when i go to my in box it's gone

it's like a virus got in and changed some setting so that all e mails are now blocked from landing in my inbox. when one comes in i hear the typical chime, but it never shows up in my inbox

any help?

thanks

Murray

Go to Search Folders and open the Unread Search folder. It may take a few mniutes, but when its done, do you see the missing mail? If so, click on the row of field names above the message list and choose Folders. This will let you see what folder they are in.

Also, check the Junk mail folder and Deleted items.

nothing in unread e mails, junk mail or deleted items.

seems like a virus changed a setting so that all e mails are now blocked from outlook

arghhhhh!

i don't think its a virus... but make sure your antivirus is updated and running. :)

Did you make any changes or install any updates right before it started?

Do you have a restore point from before it quit working correctly that you could roll back to?

haven't got a restore point set and the only change i made was to load a bunch of photos to a folder and enable a screen saver, which has subsequently been turned off.

Go to File, Account Settings. Select the account and look at the folder path at the bottom of the dialog, near the change folder button. Is that folder path in the same pst file that is listed on the Data files file.

Before closing the dialog, click the change folders button and select your inbox again.

ah

now we're on to something.

i found all of the missing e mails under an archive folder!

there are two e mail accts that i'm trying to access via outlook, each had it's own folder under archive folders.

how exactly do i get these e mails to come to my inbox without having to scroll down to find the archive folder?

thanks SOOO much

Murray

New mail: set each account to deliver to the inbox in the Account settings, change folder dialog.

Old mail: open the folder, select all and use move to folder command or drag and drop it to the folder you want it in.

Alternate plan: right click on the folder where the mail is now and choose Add to Favorites. This will make the folder easy to access without moving the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Forward mails with "FW:" or "RE:" in title Using Outlook 2
sjmo2 Change subject for new e-mails only. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S E-mails marked as read turn back to unread after a couple of seconds Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 4
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2016 Junk E-Mails Using Outlook 5
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
I How to receive mails on behalf of when sent to group mail? Using Outlook 2
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Thiago Manzano Copying E-mails to a folder on HD Using Outlook 1
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2013 Problems sending large mails Using Outlook 4
P Send mails by Gmail not shown in outlook Using Outlook 5
E How to find or recover Lost e-mails within a folder under Inbox? Using Outlook 2
Karsten V invites from outside company arrives as regular mails Using Outlook 2
A Encrypting mails depending from the address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Yusufbodrum Highlighting selected mails in any folder Using Outlook 2
C Linking e-mails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Mails getting downloaded multiple times Using Outlook 1
K Macro doesn't recognize local mails from colleagues Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Delete e-mails from server Using Outlook 2
W URGENT Cancel and remove imported pop3 mails Using Outlook 6
T Cannot get pop3 mails to my Android and Outlook Exchange Server Administration 1
A 1 folder to see all new mails Using Outlook 1
Z OL2007 - is there a way to disable the "feature" that cripples mails that are in the "junk" folder? Using Outlook 37
A Contacts missing in imported mails Using Outlook 1
L Selected Contacts For E-Mails Using Outlook 19
L Move E-Mails to Another Folder Using Outlook 66
J Change Subject of 500 mails sitting in Outbox with Macro Using Outlook 6
H Duplicate E-mails and Wetransfer Using Outlook 4
V Need to add some text in subject while creating new mails - NEED VB CODINGS Using Outlook 4
A Can't read my mails if they are on a folder... Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 2007 Saves .MSG E-Mails with attachment from Public Folders as RTF Using Outlook 0
O How do I get rid of odd formatting of new e-mails? Using Outlook 3
U outlook 2010 freezes/crashes when opening encrypted e-mails Using Outlook 0