Email rule doesn't work with XMAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2003 with an IMAP account.

To see all sent mails in my IMAP "Sent"-folder, I set up an email rule which copies every sent email after sending into the IMAP "Sent"-Folder.

This works pretty fine until I write and send emails with Outlook. But it doesn't work when I send emails with another application using extended MAPI (XMAPI). The email is sent in Outlook, but there is no copy in the IMAP "Sent"-Folder.

Has anybody any hints how to get email rules work in combination with extended MAPI?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Toby

You are hitting the send process after the point at which rules kick in. I don't know of any way you can jump in earlier but you might want to double check in the MSDN forum - Outlook for Developers Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Rule doesn't work with both exchange and POP3 email addresses Using Outlook 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2016 This rule will only run when you check your email in Outlook.... Using Outlook 4
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
A Forward Outlook Email by Filtering using Macro Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 44
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Rule To Save attachments on receipt of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Create a Task from an Email using a Rule Using Outlook 0
M Question: Is there a rule that will save email in Windows Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Creating an outlook rule to forward an email with a specific message Using Outlook 1
C Auto Add a PDF to an outgoing Email, based on a rule Using Outlook 2
C Need rule to alert when an email has not been replied to within 24 hours Using Outlook 1
L Moving Message Class email via script and Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
G Rule starting a VB macro against incoming email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Jennifer Murphy Rule for redirected email Using Outlook 4
D Create Exchange Rule for everyone that highlights an email based on content of subject Exchange Server Administration 1
G Create rule based on image in email body Using Outlook 1
G Rule - All email from a specified domain Using Outlook 2
S Script to use in a rule when a message arrives to send to email in the message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
anoble1 Can you create a rule once an email moves to the Vault Inbox to another place? Using Outlook 0
M rule to change subject, pull email addresses from body, and forward with templ Using Outlook 14
O Run Rule to Rename Email and Add to Tasks Using Outlook 4
C Create a rule to only check new content in email - disregard original content Using Outlook 3
S Rule to Auto-forward/re-direct a specific incoming email to a group via BCC? Using Outlook 1
T Email to Task Rule Using Outlook 2
P Addin / macro / rule to highlight email addresses outside company in To: field Using Outlook 3
M Create Rule to BCC email? Using Outlook 2
T Need help making RULE to prepend email SUBJECT Using Outlook 3
D Is it possible to set up an email rule for a user based on alias address? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Rule to move BCC email to a folder Using Outlook 6
J Rule to Forward email but delay delivery 10 minutes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Outlook alert/memo/rule when an email does not arrive Using Outlook 3
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0