Drag and drop into Outlook folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
A friend showed me how he drags files from his desktop and drops them into folders he has created in Outlook. I've never heard of that before. It seems odd to me dragging files into folders that generally hold emails. Is there any possible downside to doing this? Some of these folders are going to be moved soon (when we re-organize his mail) into a different data file, one that is synced via IMAP. So I was also wondering if this odd file management technique could create a problem there possibly. Thanks

Only drawback is that it makes the data file larger... but its a great way to keep files with your email. I use it for a label.docx file I use to create labels for Christmas cards - it's easier than redoing a mail merge yearly since few of the addresses change.

I'm not sure if it will work with imap accounts - I'd probably keep them in a local data file rather than on the imap server.

OK thanks. I've just created a new profile for my friend, and now he says that the drag and drop from Desktop into Outlook folders is very slow. Any ideas why a new profile, nothing else different, would do this? He is using IMAP and the email is hosted by GoDaddy. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R PST->Outlook.com (Import vs Drag-n-Drop methods Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Cannot consistently drag and drop .msg files into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
F Tumblr - Drag & Drop files (pictures) into Outlook? Using Outlook 12
R Outlook 2007 - drag drop email to Explorer Using Outlook 1
J Problem using drag and drop to attach an html email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
H Drag and Drop Outlook mails into a Windows Form Control with eml extension Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Drag and drop attachment in outlook addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Implementing Drag and drop events in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Drag and Drop mails from Outlook to Clarion6 Application Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Cannot drag and drop or create folder in PST file folders Using Outlook 1
L Copying Emails using drag and drop Using Outlook 2
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
M Drag and drop Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Drag-and-drop to Custom Task Pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S Renaming while drag and dropping to file Using Outlook 1
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
T Can not drag e-mails from search to folders Using Outlook 1
S cannot drag emails to personal folders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D Outlook 2013 Macros only run in VB editor, not in drop down or button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
Z See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
A Automatically send email based on drop-down field? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky No drop down calendars in Outlook 2010 Print Options Using Outlook 0
P BCM 2013 Contacts Form Drop Down Box Bug BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Field in Forms displayed depending on the Item chosen from drop-down-list BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Add custom locations to Outlook Forms "Look In:" drop-down list Using Outlook 5
M How do I link a drop down box to a percent complete box Using Outlook 4
R Display multiple accounts as drop down in the from field in New Mail Using Outlook 1
S Outlook addin formregion as a drop down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S RE: Template with drop down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Drop Down Box in Email Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2